U11+ or wait for U12?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I am tired of my S8, it's a boring phone after months of usage, I saw my friend's U11+ and I really like it, I liked the nn curvy face (no 2.5D), the metal touch on the sides and the size of the screen. Though it's not as bright as U11 and S8 and I wonder if HTC will treat it like they treated U Ultra in terms of updates or they really consider it as a flagship?

The lack of custom roms is also a minus.

The price is acceptable (700-720$) here, and I can sell my s8 at a good price now, in 3 weeks when the s9 will be out I will lose 50-80$ on the s8 value. But in another hand I wonder if the U11+ price won't fall like the U Ultra and U11 when the U12 will be out.

What do you think?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
At this point I would probably wait. Probably won't be much different than the + but may have a brighter display.

lontano

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm waiting for the U12. It will have new features you'll wish you had. It will have dual cameras on the back at least (I wouldn't be surprised to see dual front cameras, too) and a new SOC, with all that means in terms of updated radios and capabilities. It will also likely have better support since it will be sold in higher volume.

That's too much to give up for a few months of depreciation, in my opinion.

nileshdd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The only thing is the u12 is a few months away. The u11 came in June last year in the US. If you don't need a phone immediately, you can wait to see what it has. on the other hand, inspite of the slightly lower brightness on u11+, it's absolutely amazing and I am very happy with it. I got it in Jan though so I will be using for almost 6 months before u12 comes.

Alex_Hong

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently reviewed the U11+ and would definitely recommend waiting at this point. Other than perhaps a dimmer screen than I prefer (still usable to me, just not great), it is a pretty good phone. But at this point it's a bit too near new waves of devices that are about to be announced, starting with the S9. So I would definitely recommend waiting if you can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma