Htc u11 microphone issue

Karl Parish

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
Owned my htc u11 for the past 2 years now and is a brilliant phone my only issue is with the microphone and this is a strange one I've tried to find information for months but can't find anything. My problem soley relies on snapchat when ever I record anything after a second of filming the sound goes all distorted...now if I flick to my normal camera and record in the same environment it records perfect sound. The only piece of information I could find about this was that the snapchat app might use the noise cancelling mic to record instead of the nornal mic. Any help would be appreciated as I've just put up with it for long enough now I don't want to have to get another phone purely because of this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Just to clarify -- this only happens in the Snapchat app when using the front-facing camera, correct? Have you already tried clearing the app cache/data for Snapchat in Settings>Apps​?

Karl Parish

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
Nope this is both front and rear facing camera and only in the snapchat app, I've tried filming on FB and instagram and with the HTC camera and they're all both fine. Yeah I've tried many things with snapchat clearing cache, deleting and re-installing, I just have no clue as to why it's doing it

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'd definitely contact Snapchat support about this (although I'm not sure how much attention they'd pay to patching the app for a relatively older phone like the U11:-\).

Karl Parish

Feb 4, 2021
Visit site
Nope this is both front and rear facing camera and only in the snapchat app, I've tried filming on FB and instagram and with the HTC camera and they're all both fine. Yeah I've tried many things with snapchat clearing cache, deleting and re-installing, I just have no clue as to why it's doing it