htc u 11 i was wishing for fm radio anyone know either way ? if it has they have my cash.
    05-16-2017 03:21 AM
    It definitely does not have one. Many/Most manufacturers have stopped offering this feature in their phones. Besides a multitude of music streaming services, FM radio is available via apps also via online streaming. Many, if not most FM stations now broadcast a signal or two (or three or four) on the internet and there are apps that tap in to them. With these apps you can not only get local stations, but also stations from around the globe. TuneIN Radio is one of these programs, also Iheartradio. But there are plenty to choose from!
    No radio as far as their specs suggest. Buy a small radio
    05-17-2017 05:13 AM
    It definitely does not have one. Many/Most manufacturers have stopped offering this feature in their phones. Besides a multitude of music streaming services, FM radio is available via apps also via online streaming. Many, if not most FM stations now broadcast a signal or two (or three or four) on the internet and there are apps that tap in to them. With these apps you can not only get local stations, but also stations from around the globe. TuneIN Radio is one of these programs, also Iheartradio. But there are plenty to choose from!
    05-25-2017 11:27 AM
    Which doesn't help for people with limited or expensive data plans and when in areas of poor cell reception and especially ia bad in the case of any national emergencies
    05-25-2017 05:42 PM
    It didn't help for people in small towns who local radio stations aren't online either...

But to answer the original question HTC never enables the radio chip so apps like next radio or just radio apps in the store won't work on it
    05-25-2017 06:02 PM
    Utilize free WiFi?
    05-26-2017 09:17 AM
    It didn't help for people in small towns who local radio stations aren't online either...

But to answer the original question HTC never enables the radio chip so apps like next radio or just radio apps in the store won't work on it
    My HTC One M8 HK on Sprint works great with NextRadio
    05-26-2017 01:53 PM
    My HTC One M8 HK on Sprint works great with NextRadio
    The m8 had the radio chip enabled... I was speaking about the HTC 10 and newer...

I had a m8 and I used the radio app that came on the phone often I was disappointed when HTC support told me that it isn't enabled anymore
    05-26-2017 05:28 PM
    Wasn't there a big push recently to enable the FM chips? I seem to remember Next Radio being all excited about carriers agreeing to turn them on.

Now they are on the way out already? lmao, ok.

In the event of a disaster, you're gonna wish you had it if the cell sites are down. Oh well, carry a radio I guess.
    05-28-2017 12:52 AM
    Wasn't there a big push recently to enable the FM chips? I seem to remember Next Radio being all excited about carriers agreeing to turn them on.

Now they are on the way out already? lmao, ok.

In the event of a disaster, you're gonna wish you had it if the cell sites are down. Oh well, carry a radio I guess.
    Most chipsets have FM. Even the newer 835 does. Surprisingly the S8+ has it activated with some carriers. Works well and has already come in handy a few times.
    06-09-2017 10:17 PM