The HTC U11's small battery seems like one glaring issue I can't get over

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I am on the fence about canceling my pre-order and waiting for the Oneplus 5.

HTC U11 looks like a beautiful device with a great camera and good sound quality but I can't get over the fact that they put such a small battery in the phone. I know the power saving of the 835 and I think overall the phone will get decent battery life but I still feel they missed a chance to place a bigger battery in the phone.

Whats the battery life going to look like within 6 months to a year with battery degradation

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
I just cancelled my pre-order--I want to see what the One Plus 5 will offer

if the one plus 5 has a slightly bigger battery, more memory and 1080p screen (but a nice one) I'm sure it would get a lot better battery life than the htc u11

Also all their USB-C audio stuff-from the earphones to the 3.5 to usb c adapter only work on approved HTC devices.

The whole point of usb c is not to have issues like that. So I'll wait to see about HTC.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site

HTC U11 looks like a beautiful device with a great camera and good sound quality but I can't get over the fact that they put such a small battery in the phone. I know the power saving of the 835 and I think overall the phone will get decent battery life but I still feel they missed a chance to place a bigger battery in the phone.

Whats the battery life going to look like within 6 months to a year with battery degradation

I think it will be the same as every other flagship. 3000 is the going rate this year. I would prefer a little bit thicker phone if it means a bigger battery.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

Well, the battery capacity is same as any other flagship with SD 835 except for S8+.

It comes down to your personal choice but it seems you should probably give it a chance since you had pre-ordered?

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I just cancelled my pre-order--I want to see what the One Plus 5 will offer

if the one plus 5 has a slightly bigger battery, more memory and 1080p screen (but a nice one) I'm sure it would get a lot better battery life than the htc u11

Also all their USB-C audio stuff-from the earphones to the 3.5 to usb c adapter only work on approved HTC devices.

The whole point of usb c is not to have issues like that. So I'll wait to see about HTC.
Only the active noise cancellation part will not work in non-HTC phones, rest is same as any other USB C headphones.

Bruce_Wayne8887

May 18, 2017
Visit site

Check out phone arenas review the battery life is great

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
yeah, you get 30 days for a return period so I will probably try it out. I have the oneplus 3t and really enjoy that still and also interested in the 5

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
From what I've heard, battery life is solid.

You shouldn't have much of an issue getting a day's worth of use on moderate use.

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Just cancelled my preorder as well. I admit to being a bit worried about battery life but the mediocre reviews regarding sound quality through headphones has me spooked (such as the Pocketnow audio review). The main reason I tend to gravitate towards HTC is the memory of the excellent sound from the M7 speakers and the great headphone audio from the HTC 10. If the U11 is not going to live up to past standards, I will take a wait and see approach.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking up reviews for the U11 and they are saying things like, "impressive battery life" or "good battery life." It's not the biggest battery ever but I think it has the potential to deliver a solid battery life experience. But I guess we don't really know until we can have some real-world testers!

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
About 3 days after I placed the order, I got an email confirmation from HTC with the order number and a password.

Thanks! I just cancelled my order as well. I'll wait and see. I think this was more of a impulse buy and than I had buyer's remorse. I have the oneplus 3t and very happy with that.

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Once the phone is out and I start to see more real life reviews from regular users, I may reconsider if things look (and sound!) good.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I see numerous complaints about battery size for nearly all mainstream phones that are new. All the complaining in the world is not going to change anything. Money talks.... but even if we were to boycott a particular phone for having a "small" battery... this is not going to change the reality. You can bet that if the OEM's were to make a thicker phone with a larger battery then there would be those who complain that it is too heavy. You cannot win. I remember reading many posts from people saying they would never buy a phone without a removable battery. Welllllll, I guess they no longer use Smart Phones do they? The latest is that they will not buy a phone without a headphone jack. (Personally I hope they KEEP the headphone jack in all phones, because I don't want to mess with recharging bluetooth head sets.) But if the OEM's remove the headphone jack from all new phones... what are we going to do... stop using smart phones? I doubt it. We will adjust because we have no real choice. We are not in control here even though it's our money keeping these companies in business. And while some OEM's may dies on the vine due to stupid decisions, the fact of the matter remains that the OEM's are in control whether we like it or not. Complaining does nothing but to possibly make us feel better. Or so we think!

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The battery life on my HTC 10 is decent. It's like any other flagship phone, when you're in sketchy network, and its searching for signal, it goes through battery fast. When in good coverage or wifi, it last at least all day. The new 835 chip is more efficient and I'm positive it will be at least as good as the 10 and probably better. With quick charging, I just don't worry about it anymore.....

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Seems like all new smartphones with the 835 are getting smaller batteries. In the S8, the battery is the same @3000mah. But it gets tremendous life. I added the u 11 to my list because of the audio prowress. Something that the oneplus 5 will not have. I'm waiting to see what the lg v30 has to offer. Right now I'm using the ZTE axon 7. I doubt I'll find a phone that will beat its audio except the Axon 8. We'll have to see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol