07-06-2017 09:12 AM
119 1234 ...
tools
    There is one overseas, apparently.

I have access to one with 128GB of storage and 6GB of memory. I wonder if it'll ever go stateside.
    Great! Another thing I can add to the list: giving North Americans the "inferior" version of their phone! Now I know there are other manufacturers that have done this many times, but still! How'd they like it if a North American manufacturer did the same to them? Sure, you can import it, but then there's always the risk of not having compatibile bands, or dealing with warranty and returns.

Here's my opinion, like it or not....

Lame squeezing gestures? What's so lame about it? I heard the same thing about LG double tap to wake too, and that has become a most requested feature for folks after getting used to using it. This can be similar and even more useful with development. Have you used a u11 to see how it works?

Screen size is only 5.5"... So what. You want something bigger, buy something different.

Non removable battery... Lol.. Get use to it, even LG is moving away from them.

No headphone jack.. Hmm.. I kinda feel the same way, but on the other hand if HTC has made the USB c work better, it's not a big deal. I'll know real shortly about this.

No 128 GB option.. That can change, not likely knowing HTC's way of doing things.

No OIS on the front camera. Do you actually walk and talk doing selfies? To be honest I think doing that is lame.

Seriously though you don't like the phone don't buy it.. Get a new Samsung or use the one you already have.

Mac
    LOL.
    06-07-2017 09:10 PM
    Great! Another thing I can add to the list: giving North Americans the "inferior" version of their phone! Now I know there are other manufacturers that have done this many times, but still! How'd they like it if a North American manufacturer did the same to them? Sure, you can import it, but then there's always the risk of not having compatibile bands, or dealing with warranty and returns.
    It's a bit of a sour point, but I've heard that Sense runs well on 4GB of memory, so maybe it's not that bad?

We'll see when more fellow members receive their pre-orders.
    06-07-2017 09:12 PM
    It's a bit of a sour point, but I've heard that Sense runs well on 4GB of memory, so maybe it's not that bad?

We'll see when more fellow members receive their pre-orders.
    I don't care a ton about 4GB RAM versus 6GB RAM, but I do care much more about internal storage though.
    06-07-2017 09:17 PM
    I don't care a ton about 4GB RAM versus 6GB RAM, but I do care much more about internal storage though.
    That's understandable. If demand is good, perhaps HTC may consider selling that in the US.
    06-07-2017 09:29 PM
    Expandable storage makes the need for large internal storage pointless. You just set all the big stuff like pictures and videos and music to your sd card. Then there is the countless cloud options that are available as well for media files. In a pile of crap iPhone you need the storage because you don't have an option for expandable. would you be willing to pay 100 more for the phone with bigger storage or 40 bucks for 128 sd card.
    06-07-2017 10:02 PM
    Expandable storage makes the need for large internal storage pointless. You just set all the big stuff like pictures and videos and music to your sd card. Then there is the countless cloud options that are available as well for media files. In a pile of crap iPhone you need the storage because you don't have an option for expandable. would you be willing to pay 100 more for the phone with bigger storage or 40 bucks for 128 sd card.
    I'll take the the SD card any time

Mac
    06-07-2017 10:12 PM
    I prefer calling them secondary means of storage.

Personally, if I had the choice, I'd take more internal storage, if it is reasonably priced. Of course, I would always want an SD slot for media files, but for apps and high-bitrate video, I would need that fast I/O.
    06-07-2017 10:14 PM
    Here's my opinion, like it or not....

Lame squeezing gestures? What's so lame about it? I heard the same thing about LG double tap to wake too, and that has become a most requested feature for folks after getting used to using it. This can be similar and even more useful with development. Have you used a u11 to see how it works?

Screen size is only 5.5"... So what. You want something bigger, buy something different.

Non removable battery... Lol.. Get use to it, even LG is moving away from them.

No headphone jack.. Hmm.. I kinda feel the same way, but on the other hand if HTC has made the USB c work better, it's not a big deal. I'll know real shortly about this.

No 128 GB option.. That can change, not likely knowing HTC's way of doing things.

No OIS on the front camera. Do you actually walk and talk doing selfies? To be honest I think doing that is lame.

Seriously though you don't like the phone don't buy it.. Get a new Samsung or use the one you already have.

Mac
    I don't mind the lack of a headphone jack. It is the fact I have to buy micro USB to USB-C adapters or new cables for charging in the car when I use WAZE and for charging at work, etc. I have a lot of micro USB cables dating back to my Palm Pre. 3 adapters on the way.
    06-08-2017 11:25 AM
    I don't mind the lack of a headphone jack. It is the fact I have to buy micro USB to USB-C adapters or new cables for charging in the car when I use WAZE and for charging at work, etc. I have a lot of micro USB cables dating back to my Palm Pre. 3 adapters on the way.
    Gotcha..

Right now I am really bummed about this phone not having fm radio in it. It was one of the main reasons why I chose this phone.

I haven't activated it yet and may go a different route altogether.

I'm torn between keeping it and going with the LG v20 or g6. Both of them have it in them on Sprint.

Mac
    06-08-2017 11:54 AM
    Anyone know what the logic is behind making 2 differing RAM options? And why the U.S. is left with the lesser? I don't think it a big deal as 4GB should be plenty adequate , just wondering HTC's thought process here.
    06-08-2017 12:29 PM
    Anyone know what the logic is behind making 2 differing RAM options? And why the U.S. is left with the lesser? I don't think it a big deal as 4GB should be plenty adequate , just wondering HTC's thought process here.
    Probably cheaper... Everyone else speculate it's bc the area with the 6gb are always in a spec war so if your phone doesn't have what all the others do than you don't exist while in the USA most phones still have 4gb and ppl arent as focused on specs like that... HTC isn't the only one that has region specific options
    06-08-2017 01:19 PM
    Memory usage shows I am consistently using 3.1 GB of the 4GB of RAM.
    06-08-2017 05:38 PM
    Not exactly.... Internal memory has some advantages over external
    D13H4RD2L1V3 likes this.
    06-08-2017 06:46 PM
    Not exactly.... Internal memory has some advantages over external
    In terms of performance, internal NAND will always have an advantage over secondary external means of storage.

An SD slot will definitely increase usage flexibility though. But I would always prefer having more internal storage, but also have an SD slot for media files.
    06-08-2017 09:37 PM
    No thanks to amoled. Screen burn.
    I'll take the chance of some barely noticeable burn-in over the much greater chance of more obvious light bleed.
    ram1220 likes this.
    06-08-2017 09:52 PM
    I just had an external SD card come up as corrupt on my 10. Everything on there is gone. Luckily, I was backing up to the cloud. But still, never had an issue with internal memory. I would gladly pay a premium for higher internal capacity.
    06-09-2017 12:21 AM
    Also, no visual voicemail on the Sprint U11. Come on, Sprint. You can do better.
    06-09-2017 12:23 AM
    Also, no visual voicemail on the Sprint U11. Come on, Sprint. You can do better.
    That's the nail in the coffin of my 2 months in have spent with Sprint. Also you can never truly unlock a Sprint phone. It has to be either domestic or foreign. You can get both when it's a Sprint phone.
    06-09-2017 12:33 AM
    OIS on front camera would have been nice, especially since they HTC did it on the last flagship.

App crashing. I've noticed instability issues on this phone. They'll have I ironed out in a month or two but for now it's annoying.
    06-10-2017 12:07 AM
    Night shots little below Pixel quality, and front camera could have been better. Display great but viewing angles could have been better.

Absolutely loving the fingerprint on the front again after having gotten used to the back ones. Personally like them on the front, better placement in most scenarios.
    06-10-2017 12:37 AM
    While the Usb-C audio has been very good so far, their own hardware won't work on other devices with a usb-c port
    I could see a specific feature like USB-Nose cancellation not working, but any other usb c device--include my mate 9 and axon 7--won't play sound through the included usonic htc u11 USB-C earbuds.
    if usb-c is the standard of the future, how can it be when the earbuds are locked to only work on certain devices? How would you like a 3.5 inch headphones that only work on one kind of phone?
    I know the standard for usb c audio is early, but locking them down is not a good idea
    ram1220 likes this.
    06-10-2017 01:21 PM
    I'll take the chance of some barely noticeable burn-in over the much greater chance of more obvious light bleed.
    Barely noticeable? i'd love you to see my Samsung.
    06-10-2017 02:17 PM
    While the Usb-C audio has been very good so far, their own hardware won't work on other devices with a usb-c port
    I could see a specific feature like USB-Nose cancellation not working, but any other usb c device--include my mate 9 and axon 7--won't play sound through the included usonic htc u11 USB-C earbuds.
    if usb-c is the standard of the future, how can it be when the earbuds are locked to only work on certain devices? How would you like a 3.5 inch headphones that only work on one kind of phone?
    I know the standard for usb c audio is early, but locking them down is not a good idea
    That probably down to a proper USB-C audio standard not being fully out for consumer release
    06-11-2017 08:33 AM
    Barely noticeable? i'd love you to see my Samsung.
    My Note 5 I bought almost 2 years ago now has a slight line where the system tray is. You won't see it unless you know to look for it. You have to really look hard at it to even tell it is there. Other than that, no burn-in whatsoever. I average screen on times of 4-8 hours per day. My parents have both had Samsung phones since they upgraded to smartphones with no screen burn-in. Screen burn-in isn't a big problem. Treat the phone like you would a plasma television and you'll be fine.

Light bleed is WAY more noticeable than the burn-in I have got after almost 2 years of use and the light bleed is there from day one where burn-in is going to take at least a year.
    06-11-2017 11:46 AM
    Bezels. I was expecting there to be at least minimal bezels horizontally.

Battery capacity is pathetic, on all these flagships. I want a ******* phone that CONVINCINGLY lasts all day on heavy usage.
    Get a midrange. Moto z play last that and more.
    06-11-2017 12:00 PM
119 1234 ...