Something you don't like about HTC U11

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
"Something you don't like about HTC U11"

This post might seriously tick people off, but I'll post it whether you like it or not. :mad::mad:

- Lame squeezing gestures
- Screen size only 5.5"
- Non-removable battery
- No headphone jack
- No 128GB option
- No OIS on front camera

lol, good to see that people have been tame and levelheaded. :cool:

Last edited:

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
No wireless charging. Not a major issue as I have never had it. But would have been nice.

Besides that it is what it is and is lovely and just what I wanted. (bear in mind I am not a phone addict, I buy one for 2 years and then change)

BowtomePhil

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Whats the need for 128gb anyway ?

I have the 64gb version and decided on 32gb extra SD card. I doubt I will ever fill them. I am using 58gb on my current phone.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
"Something you don't like about HTC U11"

This post might seriously tick people off, but I'll post it whether you like it or not.

- Lame squeezing gestures
- Screen size only 5.5"
- Non-removable battery
- No headphone jack
- No 128GB option
- No OIS on front camera

Here's my opinion, like it or not....

Lame squeezing gestures? What's so lame about it? I heard the same thing about LG double tap to wake too, and that has become a most requested feature for folks after getting used to using it. This can be similar and even more useful with development. Have you used a u11 to see how it works?

Screen size is only 5.5"... So what. You want something bigger, buy something different.

Non removable battery... Lol.. Get use to it, even LG is moving away from them.

No headphone jack.. Hmm.. I kinda feel the same way, but on the other hand if HTC has made the USB c work better, it's not a big deal. I'll know real shortly about this.

No 128 GB option.. That can change, not likely knowing HTC's way of doing things.

No OIS on the front camera. Do you actually walk and talk doing selfies? To be honest I think doing that is lame.

Seriously though you don't like the phone don't buy it.. Get a new Samsung or use the one you already have.

Mac

LuxuryTouringZone

Trusted Member
Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
There is one overseas, apparently.

I have access to one with 128GB of storage and 6GB of memory. I wonder if it'll ever go stateside.

Great! Another thing I can add to the list: giving North Americans the "inferior" version of their phone! Now I know there are other manufacturers that have done this many times, but still! How'd they like it if a North American manufacturer did the same to them? Sure, you can import it, but then there's always the risk of not having compatibile bands, or dealing with warranty and returns.

Lame squeezing gestures? What's so lame about it? I heard the same thing about LG double tap to wake too, and that has become a most requested feature for folks after getting used to using it. This can be similar and even more useful with development. Have you used a u11 to see how it works?

Screen size is only 5.5"... So what. You want something bigger, buy something different.

No headphone jack.. Hmm.. I kinda feel the same way, but on the other hand if HTC has made the USB c work better, it's not a big deal. I'll know real shortly about this.

No 128 GB option.. That can change, not likely knowing HTC's way of doing things.

No OIS on the front camera. Do you actually walk and talk doing selfies? To be honest I think doing that is lame.

Seriously though you don't like the phone don't buy it.. Get a new Samsung or use the one you already have.

Mac

LOL.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Great! Another thing I can add to the list: giving North Americans the "inferior" version of their phone! Now I know there are other manufacturers that have done this many times, but still! How'd they like it if a North American manufacturer did the same to them? Sure, you can import it, but then there's always the risk of not having compatibile bands, or dealing with warranty and returns.
It's a bit of a sour point, but I've heard that Sense runs well on 4GB of memory, so maybe it's not that bad?

We'll see when more fellow members receive their pre-orders.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Expandable storage makes the need for large internal storage pointless. You just set all the big stuff like pictures and videos and music to your sd card. Then there is the countless cloud options that are available as well for media files. In a pile of crap iPhone you need the storage because you don't have an option for expandable. would you be willing to pay 100 more for the phone with bigger storage or 40 bucks for 128 sd card.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Expandable storage makes the need for large internal storage pointless. You just set all the big stuff like pictures and videos and music to your sd card. Then there is the countless cloud options that are available as well for media files. In a pile of crap iPhone you need the storage because you don't have an option for expandable. would you be willing to pay 100 more for the phone with bigger storage or 40 bucks for 128 sd card.

I'll take the the SD card any time

Mac

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I prefer calling them secondary means of storage.

Personally, if I had the choice, I'd take more internal storage, if it is reasonably priced. Of course, I would always want an SD slot for media files, but for apps and high-bitrate video, I would need that fast I/O.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Mac

I don't mind the lack of a headphone jack. It is the fact I have to buy micro USB to USB-C adapters or new cables for charging in the car when I use WAZE and for charging at work, etc. I have a lot of micro USB cables dating back to my Palm Pre. 3 adapters on the way.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I don't mind the lack of a headphone jack. It is the fact I have to buy micro USB to USB-C adapters or new cables for charging in the car when I use WAZE and for charging at work, etc. I have a lot of micro USB cables dating back to my Palm Pre. 3 adapters on the way.

Gotcha..

Right now I am really bummed about this phone not having fm radio in it. It was one of the main reasons why I chose this phone.

I haven't activated it yet and may go a different route altogether.

I'm torn between keeping it and going with the LG v20 or g6. Both of them have it in them on Sprint.

Mac

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the logic is behind making 2 differing RAM options? And why the U.S. is left with the lesser? I don't think it a big deal as 4GB should be plenty adequate , just wondering HTC's thought process here.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what the logic is behind making 2 differing RAM options? And why the U.S. is left with the lesser? I don't think it a big deal as 4GB should be plenty adequate , just wondering HTC's thought process here.
Probably cheaper... Everyone else speculate it's bc the area with the 6gb are always in a spec war so if your phone doesn't have what all the others do than you don't exist while in the USA most phones still have 4gb and ppl arent as focused on specs like that... HTC isn't the only one that has region specific options

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Memory usage shows I am consistently using 3.1 GB of the 4GB of RAM.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Not exactly.... Internal memory has some advantages over external

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Not exactly.... Internal memory has some advantages over external
In terms of performance, internal NAND will always have an advantage over secondary external means of storage.

An SD slot will definitely increase usage flexibility though. But I would always prefer having more internal storage, but also have an SD slot for media files.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463