07-06-2017 09:12 AM
119 12345
tools
    I'll take the chance of some barely noticeable burn-in over the much greater chance of more obvious light bleed.
    Most light bleed is only noticeable under extreme conditions
    06-11-2017 12:54 PM
    My Note 5 I bought almost 2 years ago now has a slight line where the system tray is. You won't see it unless you know to look for it. You have to really look hard at it to even tell it is there. Other than that, no burn-in whatsoever. I average screen on times of 4-8 hours per day. My parents have both had Samsung phones since they upgraded to smartphones with no screen burn-in. Screen burn-in isn't a big problem. Treat the phone like you would a plasma television and you'll be fine.

Light bleed is WAY more noticeable than the burn-in I have got after almost 2 years of use and the light bleed is there from day one where burn-in is going to take at least a year.
    Two words: Android Auto.

I use it every day and I need it every day. Ended up that I was seeing it no matter what I was looking at on the phone, way way worse than any light bleed on any other phone. Screen wasn't up to scratch for it.
    06-11-2017 03:01 PM
    Sigh, I like the HTC u11, but I don't love it so far
    Biggest oddity so far? The much vaunted BOOMsound speakers? My Huawei Mate 9 is actually LOUDER!
    Louder+Battery life...vs snapdragon 835 and waterproofing...
    neither device has wireless charging
    ugh.
    I got the HTC U11 unlocked from amazon so the return would be easier, and I think I have until July to do so..I'll give it a few more days, but if I don't love the thing its going back.
    I can wait for essential or one plus 5 I guess...
    although essential will be a first gen device and no headphone jack either (not a deal breaker, but..just another adapter to possibly carry around)
    06-11-2017 07:27 PM
    I went into Sprint and damn does that feel light in the hand. talk about a comfortable hold. I will say I was sort of off put by how dark sense is. Probably because I am currently using the s8+ and everything is freaking white and bright. it had just the old feel to it, familiar for sure. That is where I am one the fence. I like how uncluttered it is but I don't like how dated it feels. That's not a deal breaker at all.

Played with the squeeze and while some may call it a gimmick. On a 5.5 screen phone, it is useful. I could definitely see my self using it constantly.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-12-2017 01:44 AM
    Sigh, I like the HTC u11, but I don't love it so far
    Biggest oddity so far? The much vaunted BOOMsound speakers? My Huawei Mate 9 is actually LOUDER!
    Louder+Battery life...vs snapdragon 835 and waterproofing...
    neither device has wireless charging
    ugh.
    I got the HTC U11 unlocked from amazon so the return would be easier, and I think I have until July to do so..I'll give it a few more days, but if I don't love the thing its going back.
    I can wait for essential or one plus 5 I guess...
    although essential will be a first gen device and no headphone jack either (not a deal breaker, but..just another adapter to possibly carry around)
    Better double check Amazon's return policy on phones. The last time I checked unless it is a defective device they will not allow you to return cellphones.

http://m.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/Am...w/50901907.cms
    06-12-2017 01:47 AM
    Better double check Amazon's return policy on phones. The last time I checked unless it is a defective device they will not allow you to return cellphones.

http://m.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/Am...w/50901907.cms
    Well that news is specific to Amazon India, country where retailers accepting returns is not common for anything so not surprising.

Here at Amazon US or in general any retailer in US you can pretty much return mobile phones or anything for that matter without issues. Worst case they can charge restocking fees.

Companies have different policies based on location. So something applicable in US may not be same in some other country and vice versa.
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    06-12-2017 02:51 AM
    Well, it would be nice to post the policy from the actual amazon web site and not a site referencing their policy, , but thanks for worrying about me.

Given I got a asus zenfone 3 zoom and returned it without a problem, I assume I will be ok.
    And now that I think about it--the zenfone max has a lot in common with the HTC u 11
    I got it in a similar color blue
    also has a very loud phone speaker
    has enchanced audio DAC--although it uses a headphone jack
    no wireless charging

But unlike the htc u11, it has a 5000 mAh battery
    not waterproof/resistant
    no 801ac wireless
    Metal back
    and no NFC
    so I had to return it. But if a $330 phone had a 5000 mah battery...I'm still a bit meh that this $649 phone has only 3000mah.
    06-12-2017 09:29 AM
    I don't like that the headphones do not have any volume control on the inline mic. Plus the button to pause/skip track can be a bit difficult to find when you're not looking at it.
    06-12-2017 10:48 AM
    Maybe it is just me, but Nova Prime does not work very well on this phone, at all. It hangs and has even force-closed a couple of times. I have cleared the app and phone cache and double checked all of my settings, but it is still does not work reliably. Anyone else have experience (good or bad) with Nova on the U11? I need it to work or I will have to send the phone back. Sense is far too outdated and cannot be customized like I have Nova.
    06-12-2017 11:38 AM
    Everything sounds good so far, mine is out for delivery and I'll report back.
    06-12-2017 01:25 PM
    Something I noticed on mine is that when I play voice messages in what's app, my screen shuts off when I cover the ambient sensor.
    06-12-2017 07:40 PM
    Something I noticed on mine is that when I play voice messages in what's app, my screen shuts off when I cover the ambient sensor.
    I think that's a WhatsApp thing.

Same thing happens with my Moto Z
    06-12-2017 10:25 PM
    Well, it would be nice to post the policy from the actual amazon web site and not a site referencing their policy, , but thanks for worrying about me.

Given I got a asus zenfone 3 zoom and returned it without a problem, I assume I will be ok.
    And now that I think about it--the zenfone max has a lot in common with the HTC u 11
    I got it in a similar color blue
    also has a very loud phone speaker
    has enchanced audio DAC--although it uses a headphone jack
    no wireless charging

But unlike the htc u11, it has a 5000 mAh battery
    not waterproof/resistant
    no 801ac wireless
    Metal back
    and no NFC
    so I had to return it. But if a $330 phone had a 5000 mah battery...I'm still a bit meh that this $649 phone has only 3000mah.
    What didn't you like about the Zenfone 3 zoom ?
    06-13-2017 02:20 AM
    So far after using my G6 for a month and now using the U11 for less than a day, things I don't like:

no AOD. It's damn nice just being able to look at the screen to see what your notification was, or to skip a track in Spotify

how low the capacitive buttons sit

I miss some of the added touches LG has done with their UI compared to the almost stock UI of the U11.

I like LG's gallery app compared to no gallery/Google Photos on the U11. Being able to lock photos right from the gallery is great
    06-13-2017 07:04 PM
    I listed it--I thought
    it was not waterproof at all
    it was lacking the other wireless band, so only 801n wireless, not 801ac wireless--which every phone has
    no NFC--no android pay, big issue for me now
    It was not great in the hand--a giant slab...for the price a nice deal, but not a great one
    06-13-2017 09:54 PM
    Maybe it is just me, but Nova Prime does not work very well on this phone, at all. It hangs and has even force-closed a couple of times. I have cleared the app and phone cache and double checked all of my settings, but it is still does not work reliably. Anyone else have experience (good or bad) with Nova on the U11? I need it to work or I will have to send the phone back. Sense is far too outdated and cannot be customized like I have Nova.
    Email the developer, there might be a compatability issue associated with the u11. Nova is constantly updated I wouldn't worry to much.
    06-13-2017 09:59 PM
    Deleted
    06-13-2017 10:20 PM
    I was kind of put off to find Facebook and Instagram apps on my u11 that could not be uninstalled. Is this the norm for an unlocked phone? (The u11 is my first one). I know I can disable but still.
    06-14-2017 01:21 PM
    I was kind of put off to find Facebook and Instagram apps on my u11 that could not be uninstalled. Is this the norm for an unlocked phone? (The u11 is my first one). I know I can disable but still.
    Yeah, a lot of phones come with them preinstalled.
    06-14-2017 03:04 PM
    Yeah, a lot of phones come with them preinstalled.
    Idk how Facebook and ig pulled it off but yeah quite a few phones comes with it installed on a system level so u can't uninstall them...
    06-14-2017 04:27 PM
    They probably look at the most downloaded apps for phones. Those are Facebook and Instagram. The best part of the u11 is you can unlock the bootloader and root it. HTC will still cover manufacture defects. samsung voids your entire warranty including manufacture defects if you unlock the bootloader.
    06-14-2017 11:37 PM
    They probably look at the most downloaded apps for phones. Those are Facebook and Instagram. The best part of the u11 is you can unlock the bootloader and root it. HTC will still cover manufacture defects. samsung voids your entire warranty including manufacture defects if you unlock the bootloader.
    They get money to include those apps.
    06-15-2017 08:06 AM
    So far what I'm not liking:

The capacitive buttons being kinda low on the device. Especially the back button which is low and way left. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

Accessories are hard to come by.
    bhatech likes this.
    06-15-2017 10:01 AM
    So far what I'm not liking:

The capacitive buttons being kinda low on the device. Especially the back button which is low and way left. Maybe I'll get used to it though.

Accessories are hard to come by.
    Agree with the capacitive buttons being low, they had the same for the U Ultra and hated them there as well since they were too low.
    06-15-2017 10:56 AM
    I went into Sprint and damn does that feel light in the hand. talk about a comfortable hold. I will say I was sort of off put by how dark sense is. Probably because I am currently using the s8+ and everything is freaking white and bright. it had just the old feel to it, familiar for sure. That is where I am one the fence. I like how uncluttered it is but I don't like how dated it feels. That's not a deal breaker at all.

Played with the squeeze and while some may call it a gimmick. On a 5.5 screen phone, it is useful. I could definitely see my self using it constantly.
    I agree with you: I too think the Squeeze feature is a useful addition. Can't wait to try it out myself!
    06-15-2017 11:22 AM
119 12345