Something you don't like about HTC U11

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I just had an external SD card come up as corrupt on my 10. Everything on there is gone. Luckily, I was backing up to the cloud. But still, never had an issue with internal memory. I would gladly pay a premium for higher internal capacity.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Also, no visual voicemail on the Sprint U11. Come on, Sprint. You can do better.

That's the nail in the coffin of my 2 months in have spent with Sprint. Also you can never truly unlock a Sprint phone. It has to be either domestic or foreign. You can get both when it's a Sprint phone.

bcolton

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
OIS on front camera would have been nice, especially since they HTC did it on the last flagship.

App crashing. I've noticed instability issues on this phone. They'll have I ironed out in a month or two but for now it's annoying.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Night shots little below Pixel quality, and front camera could have been better. Display great but viewing angles could have been better.

Absolutely loving the fingerprint on the front again after having gotten used to the back ones. Personally like them on the front, better placement in most scenarios.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
While the Usb-C audio has been very good so far, their own hardware won't work on other devices with a usb-c port
I could see a specific feature like USB-Nose cancellation not working, but any other usb c device--include my mate 9 and axon 7--won't play sound through the included usonic htc u11 USB-C earbuds.
if usb-c is the standard of the future, how can it be when the earbuds are locked to only work on certain devices? How would you like a 3.5 inch headphones that only work on one kind of phone?
I know the standard for usb c audio is early, but locking them down is not a good idea

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
While the Usb-C audio has been very good so far, their own hardware won't work on other devices with a usb-c port
I could see a specific feature like USB-Nose cancellation not working, but any other usb c device--include my mate 9 and axon 7--won't play sound through the included usonic htc u11 USB-C earbuds.
if usb-c is the standard of the future, how can it be when the earbuds are locked to only work on certain devices? How would you like a 3.5 inch headphones that only work on one kind of phone?
I know the standard for usb c audio is early, but locking them down is not a good idea
That probably down to a proper USB-C audio standard not being fully out for consumer release

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Barely noticeable? i'd love you to see my Samsung.

My Note 5 I bought almost 2 years ago now has a slight line where the system tray is. You won't see it unless you know to look for it. You have to really look hard at it to even tell it is there. Other than that, no burn-in whatsoever. I average screen on times of 4-8 hours per day. My parents have both had Samsung phones since they upgraded to smartphones with no screen burn-in. Screen burn-in isn't a big problem. Treat the phone like you would a plasma television and you'll be fine.

Light bleed is WAY more noticeable than the burn-in I have got after almost 2 years of use and the light bleed is there from day one where burn-in is going to take at least a year.

kbz1960

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
Bezels. I was expecting there to be at least minimal bezels horizontally.

Battery capacity is pathetic, on all these flagships. I want a ******* phone that CONVINCINGLY lasts all day on heavy usage.
Get a midrange. Moto z play last that and more.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
My Note 5 I bought almost 2 years ago now has a slight line where the system tray is. You won't see it unless you know to look for it. You have to really look hard at it to even tell it is there. Other than that, no burn-in whatsoever. I average screen on times of 4-8 hours per day. My parents have both had Samsung phones since they upgraded to smartphones with no screen burn-in. Screen burn-in isn't a big problem. Treat the phone like you would a plasma television and you'll be fine.

Light bleed is WAY more noticeable than the burn-in I have got after almost 2 years of use and the light bleed is there from day one where burn-in is going to take at least a year.

Two words: Android Auto.

I use it every day and I need it every day. Ended up that I was seeing it no matter what I was looking at on the phone, way way worse than any light bleed on any other phone. Screen wasn't up to scratch for it.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Sigh, I like the HTC u11, but I don't love it so far
Biggest oddity so far? The much vaunted BOOMsound speakers? My Huawei Mate 9 is actually LOUDER!
Louder+Battery life...vs snapdragon 835 and waterproofing...
neither device has wireless charging
ugh.
I got the HTC U11 unlocked from amazon so the return would be easier, and I think I have until July to do so..I'll give it a few more days, but if I don't love the thing its going back.
I can wait for essential or one plus 5 I guess...
although essential will be a first gen device and no headphone jack either (not a deal breaker, but..just another adapter to possibly carry around)

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I went into Sprint and damn does that feel light in the hand. talk about a comfortable hold. I will say I was sort of off put by how dark sense is. Probably because I am currently using the s8+ and everything is freaking white and bright. it had just the old feel to it, familiar for sure. That is where I am one the fence. I like how uncluttered it is but I don't like how dated it feels. That's not a deal breaker at all.

Played with the squeeze and while some may call it a gimmick. On a 5.5 screen phone, it is useful. I could definitely see my self using it constantly.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
Sigh, I like the HTC u11, but I don't love it so far
Biggest oddity so far? The much vaunted BOOMsound speakers? My Huawei Mate 9 is actually LOUDER!
Louder+Battery life...vs snapdragon 835 and waterproofing...
neither device has wireless charging
ugh.
I got the HTC U11 unlocked from amazon so the return would be easier, and I think I have until July to do so..I'll give it a few more days, but if I don't love the thing its going back.
I can wait for essential or one plus 5 I guess...
although essential will be a first gen device and no headphone jack either (not a deal breaker, but..just another adapter to possibly carry around)

Better double check Amazon's return policy on phones. The last time I checked unless it is a defective device they will not allow you to return cellphones.

http://m.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/A...cy-for-mobile-phones/articleshow/50901907.cms

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Better double check Amazon's return policy on phones. The last time I checked unless it is a defective device they will not allow you to return cellphones.

http://m.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news/A...cy-for-mobile-phones/articleshow/50901907.cms
Well that news is specific to Amazon India, country where retailers accepting returns is not common for anything so not surprising.

Here at Amazon US or in general any retailer in US you can pretty much return mobile phones or anything for that matter without issues. Worst case they can charge restocking fees.

Companies have different policies based on location. So something applicable in US may not be same in some other country and vice versa.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, it would be nice to post the policy from the actual amazon web site and not a site referencing their policy, , but thanks for worrying about me.

Given I got a asus zenfone 3 zoom and returned it without a problem, I assume I will be ok.
And now that I think about it--the zenfone max has a lot in common with the HTC u 11
I got it in a similar color blue
also has a very loud phone speaker
has enchanced audio DAC--although it uses a headphone jack
no wireless charging

But unlike the htc u11, it has a 5000 mAh battery
not waterproof/resistant
no 801ac wireless
Metal back
and no NFC
so I had to return it. But if a $330 phone had a 5000 mah battery...I'm still a bit meh that this $649 phone has only 3000mah.

Ninjabrad

Jun 12, 2017
Visit site
I don't like that the headphones do not have any volume control on the inline mic. Plus the button to pause/skip track can be a bit difficult to find when you're not looking at it.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Maybe it is just me, but Nova Prime does not work very well on this phone, at all. It hangs and has even force-closed a couple of times. I have cleared the app and phone cache and double checked all of my settings, but it is still does not work reliably. Anyone else have experience (good or bad) with Nova on the U11? I need it to work or I will have to send the phone back. Sense is far too outdated and cannot be customized like I have Nova.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome