Something you don't like about HTC U11

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The battery in the U-11 is fine. Phone lasts longer than my HTC 10 did, which wasn't bad. It lasts all day for me with medium use. Yesterday it lasted over 30 hours and was still at 35% with a little lighter use. The 835 processor is very fast and efficient, using less battery, making the 3000mAh appropriate.

Same results I'm experiencing. Well said.

Corticoid

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm not loving the screen. I've always had amoled and I guess I didn't realize how much better it is when viewed at an angle. With the u11 down on the desk in front of me (at an angle) the screen gets really dark. It mainly looks great "straight on" however when viewing a white screen down at the bottom it appears that a little black is bleeding into the white. Do I have a defective screen or is this the norm for LED screens?

I recognized this light-bleed (is it light-bleed or something else?) at my first (gave it back because of dust between display and glass) and second (actual) unit and a device at a vodafone store. So I think it is "normal" for the U11. The LED-light seems to be spread unevenly...

(sorry if this answer is already posted, I thought there was an error)

thetruthkc

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'll get used to having the physical buttons on one side. I constantly turn off the screen when I want to Vol-

Phone was super slippery. Had to put a case on it. I dreamt last night that I dropped it and shattered the glass (I was using it without the case).

The UI and some of the default apps are not the prettiest. I've moved on to Nova Prime, Pulse SMS, Google Clock, and other 3rd parties so it isn't a big deal for me.

I've noticed that my cell signal strength is weaker than my previous OP3T (but not much different than my old S7). Wifi and Bluetooth are solid though.

I hope the dev community gets going on this phone as I loved tweaking and flashing updated ROMs on my old OnePlus One. It had stable Nougat well before my S7 did officially.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I recognized this light-bleed (is it light-bleed or something else?) at my first (gave it back because of dust between display and glass) and second (actual) unit and a device at a vodafone store. So I think it is "normal" for the U11. The LED-light seems to be spread unevenly...

(sorry if this answer is already posted, I thought there was an error)

Thanks so much for the reply. While the bleed at the bottom is slightly annoying at least I now know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

dannyar11

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Honestly I have found fault in in almost every phone ive had over the last 6-7 years which is why im a notorious phone flipper. Every major flagship over that time period. With the exception of being a bit slippery without a case, I cannot find one thing I dislike about he u11. Best phone ive owned in many years with the note 7 being the exception but not being able to keep it for obvious reasons. At $590 for the new solar red its unbeatable.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I have found fault in in almost every phone ive had over the last 6-7 years which is why im a notorious phone flipper. Every major flagship over that time period. With the exception of being a bit slippery without a case, I cannot find one thing I dislike about he u11. Best phone ive owned in many years with the note 7 being the exception but not being able to keep it for obvious reasons. At $590 for the new solar red its unbeatable.

I agree, one can find fault in any smartphone for sure; no matter how good it is. Something can always be improved! And I also agree with you - the Solar Red is beautiful!

Corticoid

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Today I read several reviews of the U11. Even if this issue is not mentioned by the most reviewers, you can find it at every screenshot they made from the U11 with white background. Studying these photos carefully, it is always the same behaviour: There is light bleed throughout the whole bottom with a maximum in the left corner....

Corticoid

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for the reply. While the bleed at the bottom is slightly annoying at least I now know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

Today I read several reviews of the U11. Even if this issue is not mentioned by the most reviewers, you can find it at every screenshot they made from the U11 with white background. Studying these photos carefully, it is always the same behaviour: There is light bleed throughout the whole bottom with a maximum in the left corner....

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

A screenshot would not show light bleed. A pic of the screen may show it but not a screenshot.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the way the camera stitches photos for the standard panorama shot. The 10 was excellent at it but the U11 - not so much. The transition and stitching between the first photo and the second is really bad and usually requires a re-do. It just leaves a brighter line through the stitch itself than the other parts of the photo. After the first couple of images are stitched it seems to be fine. Hopefully a software or app update clears it up.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
The one thing I didn't like about the U11 is the fact that I returned the device over three weeks ago, and HTC has not issued me a refund yet.

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The one thing I didn't like about the U11 is the fact that I returned the device over three weeks ago, and HTC has not issued me a refund yet.

Yeah, I hear it takes a while. My defective Amazing Silver arrived in Indiana on 23 June; my HTC acct still says that my return is pending.

AngusGA

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
My panorama picture quality's not great, not sure if it's an image stabilisation issue or if my hand's not steady enough
Android Auto connected to my head unit crashes periodically, not sure if it's an AA issue, HTC issue or issue with my head unit, but you can see the app crash when it does
My car's stereo doesn't output enough power to charge the phone, it slowly discharges instead.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze