Here is The Verge's review of the U11. Overall very positive review!

The U11 is priced right in the premium sector, where companies do differentiate with useful and innovative ideas. It doesn’t have many of the forward-looking features of its competition, but at its base it is a very good smartphone in a very pretty shell. If that’s what you want, and you’re able to get past the lack of a headphone jack and the U11’s attraction to fingerprints, you won’t be disappointed.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:00 AM
    Here is the video, very positive indeed

digitalbreak likes this.
    06-09-2017 10:26 AM
    I am on a fence now. I will either get HTC U11 or Oneplus 5.
    06-09-2017 05:45 PM
    This does seem like a very good review. Glad to see that recent reviews of the U11 are positive.
    06-09-2017 05:52 PM
    Most reviews of the U11 have indeed been positive.

Though I'm not surprised. Considering its hardware and more sensible price tag, it was going to receive mostly great reviews after all.

Issue is whether it'll get enough attention from enthusiasts. I didn't say mainstream because HTC needs to refocus on rebuilding its brand before going mainstream again.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-09-2017 11:40 PM

Though I'm not surprised. Considering its hardware and more sensible price tag, it was going to receive mostly great reviews after all.

Issue is whether it'll get enough attention from enthusiasts. I didn't say mainstream because HTC needs to refocus on rebuilding its brand before going mainstream again.
    I don't think they will be ever mainstream again in the smartphone. They are looking at other areas like VR with Vive and for smartphone they have to make great phones targeting the small niche market where profit margins are high. Even if they make great phones, majority mainstream will still buy iPhones and Samsung. It'll take lot of cycles, money, marketing power to reach that level which HTC doesn't have. So they have to settle for a smaller pie and hope to make higher margins there.
    06-10-2017 12:39 AM
    I don't think they will be ever mainstream again in the smartphone. They are looking at other areas like VR with Vive and for smartphone they have to make great phones targeting the small niche market where profit margins are high. Even if they make great phones, majority mainstream will still buy iPhones and Samsung. It'll take lot of cycles, money, marketing power to reach that level which HTC doesn't have. So they have to settle for a smaller pie and hope to make higher margins there.
    HTC makes their money in the mid priced and pre paid phone market theses days. Their doing just fine. It's why they can make these great high end phones and still be in business...
    Racing24 likes this.
    06-10-2017 03:52 AM
    It's reassuring to see all the positive reviews.
    06-10-2017 07:02 AM

I agree - it's good about the price being what it is. Hopefully this release turns things around for the HTC brand.
    06-10-2017 06:21 PM