The nice folks at Sprint took my u11 since I didn't have a fm radio in it as promised and I got a LG v20 in it's place. Last years technology I know, but I got what I needed.

Sorry no direct comparisons with it and the s8 for you all..

Thanks for all your help here and I hope you all have good luck with your new phones

Thanks

Mac
    06-09-2017 08:12 PM
    Understandable... It didn't have what u wanted

I still don't understand HTC's decision not to enable it...I used to enjoy it on my m8... Depending where u live some of the local stations don't participate on streaming apps and so u need it to listen to them
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    06-09-2017 08:19 PM
    I'm glad you were able to return your U11 and that you got the phone you needed! Enjoy your V20!
    06-09-2017 08:36 PM
    Good luck. I am look forward to 6 months of free Tidal high fidelity for free with Usonic headphones.
    06-09-2017 09:09 PM
    The nice folks at Sprint took my u11 since I didn't have a fm radio in it as promised and I got a LG v20 in it's place. Last years technology I know, but I got what I needed.

Sorry no direct comparisons with it and the s8 for you all..

Thanks for all your help here and I hope you all have good luck with your new phones

Thanks

Mac
    8+ has a working FM radio, which surprised me.
    06-09-2017 09:17 PM
    Wow. That's actually a bit of a bummer.

Glad that Sprint took care of it without issue. Hope you enjoy the V20!
    Larry 609 likes this.
    06-10-2017 12:39 AM
    Wow. That's actually a bit of a bummer.

Glad that Sprint took care of it without issue. Hope you enjoy the V20!
    Thanks

It would have been nice to keep it, but it wasn't to be.

Mac
    Larry 609 likes this.
    06-10-2017 02:16 AM
    Thanks

It would have been nice to keep it, but it wasn't to be.

Mac
    No worries. A personal friend of mine surprisingly got his U11 alongside his Mate 9.

He's gonna use it alongside the Mate and Sony A7 M2 in a car meet. Can't wait to see the shots and the video recordings with the 3D audio.
    06-10-2017 05:06 AM
    Mine's going back too, since it's crippled on Verizon. Too bad, because it's a truly excellent phone otherwise.
    06-10-2017 08:21 AM
    I am guessing it is not enabled because there is no jack to let the headphones act as the FM antenna .
    06-10-2017 10:17 AM
    Mine's going back too, since it's crippled on Verizon. Too bad, because it's a truly excellent phone otherwise.
    I take it there still is no such thing as using an unlocked phone and having it work right in the USA. I've read issues with unlocked, not branded by the carrier, phones even on GSM carriers. Such a shame.
    sangs likes this.
    06-10-2017 11:20 AM
    I take it there still is no such thing as using an unlocked phone and having it work right in the USA. I've read issues with unlocked, not branded by the carrier, phones even on GSM carriers. Such a shame.
    Not 100 percent true. No issues whatsoever with unlocked iPhone or Pixel.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-10-2017 01:40 PM
    I am guessing it is not enabled because there is no jack to let the headphones act as the FM antenna .
    No, HTC has not enabled it since the m8 on their flagships
    06-10-2017 01:44 PM
    Not 100 percent true. No issues whatsoever with unlocked iPhone or Pixel.
    Both of those phones are sold by Verizon tho.. the u11 is probably not in their system yet since they don't actual sell them... I know this is a low probability but it's a possiblity lol
    sangs and kbz1960 like this.
    06-10-2017 01:45 PM
    Both of those phones are sold by Verizon tho.. the u11 is probably not in their system yet since they don't actual sell them... I know this is a low probability but it's a possiblity lol
    I see what you're saying. That could be definitely be it.
    06-10-2017 02:11 PM
    I see what you're saying. That could be definitely be it.
    Only reason I'm thinking it could be a possiblity because the other carriers with wireless calling seems to be working plus all the Verizon customers say the website just have a generic phone on their account and not recognizing the u11
    06-10-2017 02:45 PM
    Not true, never have any issues on T-Mobile. I mostly use non carrier branded phones on T-Mobile and everything works fine. WiFi calling, VoLTE, band 12 etc. I just pop in sims between my different phones and that's it. No problems with U11 as well as expected.
    kbz1960 and Dutch R like this.
    06-10-2017 03:57 PM
    You made an excellent choice to choose the superior LG V20 over the HTC U11! Removable battery, larger screen, headphone jack, better audio, and a fantastic camera.
    06-10-2017 09:40 PM
    You made an excellent choice to choose the superior LG V20 over the HTC U11! Removable battery, larger screen, headphone jack, better audio, and a fantastic camera.
    Well, I'd say superior is subjective.

Both the U11 and V20 are great phones, but they each have their pros and cons. They're obviously designed for different groups of consumers.
    06-11-2017 12:08 AM
    I had the V 20. I got rid of it for the U11, lots of signal issues. So far the U11 is way better for holding on to an LTE signal
    That70sGAdawg likes this.
    06-11-2017 07:34 AM
    Those are all very important features IMHO, especially the headphone jack since I wanted to listen to the OTA radio in it.

I don't know if this makes it superior or not,but it certainly makes it a better choice for myself.

Mac
    06-11-2017 10:05 AM
    Well, I'd say superior is subjective.

Both the U11 and V20 are great phones, but they each have their pros and cons. They're obviously designed for different groups of consumers.
    It most certainly is subjective and we each have to choose what feature set we want/need, what we can live with...and live without.

I suppose if I changed phones several times a year, I could have gotten by with the u11,but truth be told, there are some things I really didn't like going in with it, and I am tired of having to change phones to try to get it all in 1 package. I want something that will last a year or longer without the battery starting to fail. Having a replaceable battery on the v20 was one of the deciding factors in my choosing it,along with the other mentioned things.

I'm a power user so to speak and I love listening to great sounding music in different forms. Since the u11 sounds very good by all reviews, I was willing to forgo some of my other requirements and preferences. Luckily now I don't have to.

I have no doubt that the u11 will make it's owners very happy, and I wish everyone the absolute best of luck with theirs.

Maybe HTC will make a phone that ticks all of my boxes next year...

Thanks

Mac
    06-11-2017 10:33 AM
    I don't know about verizon, but with AT&T there is no problem. I'm the one who buys phones for my office, and I won't buy locked phones. Never had a problem.
    06-11-2017 05:02 PM