Man, we really need new stock apps and icon redesigns on Sense!

Most other OEMs are heading towards a consistent icon look, for example.
    06-10-2017 04:37 PM
    I've never seen why ppl made a big deal out of this, almost everybody u see online no matter what phone they use always say they are using a different launcher (i.e. Nova, arrow, etc) at this point it's kinda pointless for any phone company to spend time developing a new design....

But to answer the original question... As of now HTC hasn't announced any overhaul yet
    06-10-2017 04:51 PM
    I've never seen why ppl made a big deal out of this, almost everybody u see online no matter what phone they use always say they are using a different launcher (i.e. Nova, arrow, etc) at this point it's kinda pointless for any phone company to spend time developing a new design....

But to answer the original question... As of now HTC hasn't announced any overhaul yet
    Because, while a launcher will do icons homescreen and app drawer, it can't do anything about poor looking apps. The in-built contacts, dialer, email, and messages apps on this look awful, like a relic from honeycomb.
    For all their software faults, look at the same apps on a Samsung. So much more design has gone into them.
    06-10-2017 04:58 PM

I don't know just because we use a launcher doesn't mean they shouldn't redesign and modernize. Then why even bother putting any skin, just use the stock Android launcher, bake in your features at the system level and call it good. I do believe if they are putting their own skin/launcher they got to keep up with the modern design. I'm not saying sense looks horrible or bad, it's fine but it could better with a little facelift.
    06-10-2017 08:59 PM
    Probably with the next version of Android.

The last overhaul Sense got was with the 10, with the focus in dropping unnecessary extras and delivering a look and feel closer to that of stock Android.
    coronaboy10 likes this.
    06-10-2017 11:03 PM