VIsual Voicemail - AT&T

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had any success with setting up visual voicemail on AT&T? I downloaded the AT&T VVM app from the Play Store, but it can't complete setup when I run it, always displaying the "hmm, something is still not right" message after attempting to set up my account. I suspect that it could be because I was using an iPhone prior to getting the U11 and AT&T uses a separate designation for iPhones on their accounts. Before I reach out to AT&T, I thought I'd ask here first.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I can't speak for the HTC U11, but I have it on my Note 5 and my Pixel. They work fine on those. It may be an issue on AT&T's end.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I set it up with no problems. Make sure it has the 3 permissions it needs when you set it up. Otherwise, I do not know what would be wrong.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I set it up with no problems. Make sure it has the 3 permissions it needs when you set it up. Otherwise, I do not know what would be wrong.

I had all three permissions activated, but it still didn't work. I guess it's time to call AT&T.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I had all three permissions activated, but it still didn't work. I guess it's time to call AT&T.

Let us know what you found out. My U11 is coming in two weeks. I'm with AT&T. I'm concerned about visual voicemail, mobile hotspot, and wifi calling with AT&T. I need all three of those features.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Let us know what you found out. My U11 is coming in two weeks. I'm with AT&T. I'm concerned about visual voicemail, mobile hotspot, and wifi calling with AT&T. I need all three of those features.

No wifi calling with AT&T, but there should be no trouble with the other two.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
No wifi calling with AT&T, but there should be no trouble with the other two.
Yep... What this person said!

Att hasn't extended wifi calling to that many brands of phones yet... It's like they are trying to get you to only purchase certain phones to utilize all their options even tho most phones support it

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Yep... What this person said!

Att hasn't extended wifi calling to that many brands of phones yet... It's like they are trying to get you to only purchase certain phones to utilize all their options even tho most phones support it

And this is exactly why you shouldn't buy from a carrier so they will be forced to change if they want to keep customers.

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
You won't get wifi calling on AT&T. You pretty much need a carrier branded phone from those idiots.

Either a carrier-branded phone or an iPhone. Prior to switching to the U11, I was using a factory-unlocked iPhone 6s Plus that I bought directly from Apple. WiFi calling worked just fine.

JREwing

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Either a carrier-branded phone or an iPhone. Prior to switching to the U11, I was using a factory-unlocked iPhone 6s Plus that I bought directly from Apple. WiFi calling worked just fine.

Now I await my U11 and see if wifi calling will work on AT&T. If it only works on unlocked Iphones, it shows the power of Apple. Too bad there is not anti-trust laws that prohibit one company from dictating what we can and cannot have on our devices.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Now I await my U11 and see if wifi calling will work on AT&T. If it only works on unlocked Iphones, it shows the power of Apple. Too bad there is not anti-trust laws that prohibit one company from dictating what we can and cannot have on our devices.
Just look up wifi calling on ATT website... It'll tell you it only works on certain phones

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site

If a company has the clout to dictate to carriers what they can and cannot put on their devices, more power to them. The fact that the U11 doesn't have WiFi calling is not Apple's doing. With the popularity of the iPhone, carriers have to play by Apple's rules if they want to carry the device, not the other way around. Believe me, if AT&T (or any other carrier) could put their tramp stamp all over the iPhone and load it up with their bloatware, they most certainly would.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca