Can't Get App Shortcuts on Nova Launcher

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

I can't get the app shortcuts to work on Nova Launcher on my HTC U11. Is there anyway to activate this? I thought this was out of Beta and was in the full release.

Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the pop up menu with different actions when you long press an icon? Do you have the Nova Prime version?
Screenshot_20170613-115617.png

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you need to enable this feature in Nova settings. Maybe this problem is specific for your model, or HTC in general. Did you manage to use it in your previous phone?

If you prefer I could moved your thread to the HTC U11 forum, where it should be easier getting feedback from other owners.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think you need to enable this feature in Nova settings. Maybe this problem is specific for your model, or HTC in general. Did you manage to use it in your previous phone?

If you prefer I could moved your thread to the HTC U11 forum, where it should be easier getting feedback from other owners.

I haven't used an Android phone since this feature became live, so I have no idea if it worked. The shortcuts work on Sense Home, so I doubt it's a phone issue. But the only options I get are "edit", "remove", and "app info".

You can move it if you think it would help. Thanks!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Let's see if you can get help from other owners. In the meantime I'll search a bit for similar reports.

Just to be sure, can't you get this menu even with Google apps like Keep, Maps or Photos?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Let's see if you can get help from other owners. In the meantime I'll search a bit for similar reports.

Just to be sure, can't you get this menu even with Google apps like Keep, Maps or Photos?

Nope. Nothing pops up. Unless I use Sense Home - then it works.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nope. Nothing pops up. Unless I use Sense Home - then it works.
I'm using Nova prime on my U11 and works without issues.

e27081acdb6307ac93b1e76017424ddc.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
That was my first thought. Running on 7.1 these shortcuts should be available for most apps unless HTC limited them only for Sense. Just in case you could try basic troubleshooting, like restarting Nova from the app settings or even clearing data after a backup, but not sure if it will work.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Some work on Nova but not all. I found the same on my Pixel C, many more apps have these shortcuts than do when you use Nova. Not sure why.

kkeene

Aug 28, 2017
Visit site
Hey all,

I can't get the app shortcuts to work on Nova Launcher on my HTC U11. Is there anyway to activate this? I thought this was out of Beta and was in the full release.

Thanks!

I have a Nexus 6p running Android 8 Beta and I cannot get Contact shortcuts on my home screen. Any help on this isue?

Quila467

Aug 30, 2017
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. I can't add app shortcuts to Nova Launcher because when I long press on an app shortcut in the app drawer, a menu pops up for the app instead of adding the shortcut to Nova Launcher. Is there another way to add an app shortcut?

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been having the same issue. I can't add app shortcuts to Nova Launcher because when I long press on an app shortcut in the app drawer, a menu pops up for the app instead of adding the shortcut to Nova Launcher. Is there another way to add an app shortcut?

Hey....

Any updates on this? I read that the app shorcuts with nova dont work on the Pixel phones, for some reason.....

Strange...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34