Jerryrigeverything HTC U 11 durability tests

DrunkAttorney

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
I cancelled my cdma blackberry keyone order and opted for the u11 because of jerryrigeverything's durability test of the keyone. So this does not look good for me. Luckily I'm very careful with my phones and don't plan on bending it like that but it looks like I'll be popping a sturdy case on this guy soon.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Dammmmmmm... That's just terrible. Even though I sincerely doubt that I would ever stress my phone like that, nor do I carry it in my pants pocket, it's still bad to see it broken like that..

Mac

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I watched the Ultra vid a few days ago and was fun watching him torture the phone. It's nice to know the camera glass is scratch resistant enough. With U11 it's awful seeing it barely get bent and poof goes the screen. At least I ordered a case for it since its kind of slippery. I'm waiting for a drop test video to show up on YouTube.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My wife dropped her S7 Edge from a foot off the ground and there are roughly 3.7 billion cracks in the screen and about 4 cracks on the back. Glass breaks. Even Gorilla Glass. I couldn't​ care less about the bend test. I find them to be almost as ridiculous as drop tests. But I am a fan of the scratch tests. It's good to see the screens are getting better at being able to hold up to everyday use.

davidb423

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Very concerning. The HTC U11 is a nice phone, but I'm thinking I'll return mine after all. Its not that durable, the lack of a 3.5 port annoys me more than I would have thought...and for the money it should have wireless charging. Why else do you give the phone a glass back? To make it feel lighter? to make the back super fancy looking..

It it smaller but does not feel nearly as good in the hand as my Huawei mate 9. And..the Mate 9 speakers are actually louder--kind of a shock.

I don't get it. Eh, lesson learned.

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The main reason that the U Ultra jad the shattered glass on the back (but still worked fine) is because he deeply scored the back glass with one of his picks, basically cracking the glass before he even started the bend test. Even with that, the phone still passed.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure his test is the end all and be all for phone tests. I've had 2 of his "wall of shame" devices (well I guess 3 now that I have a KEYone), and I loved my Nexus 6P. Although I WILL admit I DID have durability issues with my Nexbit Robin, BUT on the plus, Nextbit stood by their product and quickly replaced my device that had developed micro cracks over time.

My KEYone appears to be VERY solidly built, and I have no plans to abuse it the way Zack does in his videos. Additionally OTHER than the screen issue he noted the KEYone actually fared quite well in the other parts of his tests. I'm confident that if I DO have any issues with my KEYone that BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) will stand behind their product also and replace it!

So I guess my bottonline is IF you really like the U11, I say get it! HTC has your back! Don't give JerryRigEverything THAT much credit. Yea the videos are fun to watch, but they ain't everything!

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure his test is the end all and be all for phone tests. I've had 2 of his "wall of shame" devices (well I guess 3 now that I have a KEYone), and I loved my Nexus 6P. Although I WILL admit I DID have durability issues with my Nexbit Robin, BUT on the plus, Nextbit stood by their product and quickly replaced my device that had developed micro cracks over time.

My KEYone appears to be VERY solidly built, and I have no plans to abuse it the way Zack does in his videos. Additionally OTHER than the screen issue he noted the KEYone actually fared quite well in the other parts of his tests. I'm confident that if I DO have any issues with my KEYone that BlackBerry Mobile (TCL) will stand behind their product also and replace it!

So I guess my bottonline is IF you really like the U11, I say get it! HTC has your back! Don't give JerryRigEverything THAT much credit. Yea the videos are fun to watch, but they ain't everything!

Could not have said it better. These videos are all pure entertainment. No offence to Jerry, but he does an awesome job on his channel and good for him. But please don't take this test as the final confirmation on the quality of the product.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Could not have said it better. These videos are all pure entertainment. No offence to Jerry, but he does an awesome job on his channel and good for him. But please don't take this test as the final confirmation on the quality of the product.

It's not the final confirmation, and certainly not trying to be from my perspective. It does point out a very serious issue with the phone, and the end results of it bending.

I know quite a few people who go ceaseless and carry their phones in their back pockets and have set on them and damaged them.

Some folks never learn... So I think this video is made especially for these types of people... Most people are going to put their phone in a case and be careful with it... But there are many who aren't so careful..

I guess it's just a trend for the younger generation to do this

Mac