Jerryrigeverything HTC U 11 durability tests

nate0

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
I cancelled my cdma blackberry keyone order and opted for the u11 because of jerryrigeverything's durability test of the keyone. So this does not look good for me. Luckily I'm very careful with my phones and don't plan on bending it like that but it looks like I'll be popping a sturdy case on this guy soon.

Oh man, dbl whammy...

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
A good case is probably what you'd want with this phone.

Not only to add durability but also grip.
I have been using the case that comes with the box and has been good so far for my uses.

Any phone regardless if you are worried about durability, then you need a case. Even S8 which passed this guy's bend test will not survive a drop as the curved screen is prone to breakages.

Damage to the screen is what is common with many users and not bending the phone.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I think Jerry rig points out some good observaions, to the extreme of course , but at least we can learn of potential weak spots. For instance the squeezable sides cause the chassis to be less strong. I'll never bend phones the way he does but still good info to know.
As for the keyone, he points out the lack of glue holding the screen down. More good info. A well glued down screen should keep dust out better , not to mention moisture. Not sure what the fire test proves but good showmanship anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays