BE CAREFUL! Screen shattered from 2 foot fall onto carpet.

Da_Katz_Pajamas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
That is true.

However, curved glass does have a slightly higher tendency to be affected by an impact.
I can attest to that. I had an s8 plus slide from my pocket and hit the concrete floor when I was sitting in low lawn chair from maximum of 2 inches but it was right on the corner. It cracked on impact and when it fell to lay flat since I cracked two of the corners.

fwdGTP

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got the U11 Unlocked through their website and barely tapped the phone on something (at least so it seemed) and it cracked the whole corner with one crack going all the way to the other side then turning and going down to where the power button is.

Sucks because I'm used to the HTC phones being pretty durable. I have had I believe 4 HTC phones prior to this, including the M8 and M9, and they've taken a beating very well. So, it's pretty disappointing that I have to really be careful with this phone.

How did you inquire about it getting fixed? I sent an email on the contact us page waiting on response.

ndzone

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine fell inches from my hand on concrete steps. Shattered in the lower left screen. Im a long life HTC device user. This is the first phone from them thats been non durable. I'm sure the rounded edged screen has much to do with it. Now just waiting to see what my options are.

fwdGTP

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sucks huh, I'm sure it has to do with the rounded edges but I figured they must've had newer more durable glass to be doing that on all the newer phones

cdd543

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine dropped a few feet and shattered on a piece of flagstone. Screen broken and a chunk taken out of the metal band.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I have an RMA number and will send it back this week. Told me it may take a week or more due to possible lack of parts at the repair center, since it is such a new model. Will update on cost estimate. You have to chat with customer care online. Took about 20 minutes to get it strait. They need info about IMEI, Sprint or unlocked, and they need to know a verified shipping address to send it back repaired or not (you have the option to take it back if the repair cost is too high.

Get.A.Case!

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
This is literally my nightmare. I just got this phone yesterday and I really hate that there isn't any decent cases out yet. I think back to how many times I dropped my HTC 10 in it's Spigen case and I'm terrified of the same kind of fall destroying this one.

ndzone

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I spoke with someone at HTC that said my device is under warranty but there aren't any available parts for about another 3 weeks, and to check back. Does this mean I won't have to pay to get it fixed?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered the Spigen case and it came in today. Fit well and looks good. I really hope it's enough protection from a short fall. I emailed Spigen, and asked them to consider making the Neo Hybrid for this model. I would feel a lot better with that cases protection. Here's a couple of pictures of the new case. (Please excuse the photo quality of my iPad)IMG_0248.jpgIMG_0249.jpg

fwdGTP

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I just got an email response from them, they just initiated a return, with no other info, I'm going to try talking to live support

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Got a voicemail message from HTC Cusomre care. It says they have no parts and do not send the phone back at this time. No more info than that. Sucks. Very difficult to understand the message. I will chat with them later.

Addendum: No parts for 3 weeks. I will have to open a new ticket in 3 weeks. Old ticket already closed. Good thing I didn't already send it back.

Again: don't break your screen 'cause there are no repair parts in the USA.

Last edited:

Symphony_of_Sickness

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Incipio DualPro. It was the only dual layer case I could find in stock. It has military grade drop protection and has been tested from drops of 12ft. I wanted a clear case but they don't sound like they offer much drop protection.

https://www.amazon.com/Incipio-Dual...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5856267

Interesting choice of colors for this. this case must have been made available recently since i never knew they had this version until now. i'm sure it is better than the Spigen case that is for less money. thank you the link.

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Originally Posted by mfreeland

That looks good. I wish they made one in black though. Does it add much more bulk? Mine does a little...

Yeah it adds a little bulk. I'm guessing probably about the same as the Spigen Rugged Armor because the inner core is thin.

Hyperspace13

May 2, 2016
Visit site
Last edited:

jt807

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine broke. Called HTC. They told me to call back in 2-3 weeks. No parts to fix them right now. Didn't care to do anything for me. Not the HTC customer service that keeps me a fan of them.

jt807

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
So did mine. Mine was in a " Spigen Rugged Armor HTC U11 Case with Resilient Shock Absorption and Carbon Fiber Design for HTC U 11 (2017) - Black"

It was in my shorts, and I took them off and the dropped to the floor. The break actually started on the side, not in the corner, which surprised me.

I also got a scratch the first day. I have no idea why. I have had a few scratched screens before, but never a broken screen.

This isn't right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool