HTC U11 or OnePlus 5?

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
After OnePlus 5 announce ..What do you think? Anyone think OnePlus 5 is the better deal or anyone will return the U11 and go to OnePlus 5?

Thanks.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
They are two different devices. While the internals may put them in the similar territory, U11 has got better design, better display, highly rated camera that guarantees better pictures, IPxx rating, BoomSound, USonic earbuds technology, liquid glass surface with amazing colors.

So yeah, if you can afford U11, then it's the U11.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I was worried I made the wrong choice with the U11 while hearing all the OP5 rumours, but now it's all official and I've seen reviews I'm very happy with my choice.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't got the OP5 in my hand yet but looking at initial impressions, U11 is better option for little more cost. With U11 you are getting great camera, water proof, unique design etc. So U11 looks to be a better buy even though it's little expensive.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
This is SUCH a tough call. Both phones are stellar. OP wowed with the 3T and it's only going to get better. I really want the U11 but the 5 and G6 are tempting me too.

My advice to you is to watch as many unboxing and review videos as possible so as to better see which device you may enjoy using. If you can hold one in the store, go for it! Give it a test drive and see which one you'd rather hold/play with for the length of your contract or what have you.

Good luck, and please let us know what you decide!

Xchrisj

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
It's more money but I think I would regret getting the Oneplus over the U11. There's so much to like about the U11, whereas the Oneplus just seems like just another phone, albeit with great internals. A phone needs to be much more than just great internal specs; well it does for me anyway.

Xchrisj

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
It's more money but I think I would regret getting the Oneplus over the U11. There's so much to like about the U11, whereas the Oneplus seems just like any other phone, albeit with great internals. A phone needs to be much more than just great internal specs; well it does for me anyway.

Eggmundo

Trusted Member
Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
U11 because of the IP67, the better camera (it's one of the very few that's genuinely good in low light) and the audio. That audio.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
U11 because of the IP67, the better camera (it's one of the very few that's genuinely good in low light) and the audio. That audio.

This. Audio is magnificent! Usonic or Boom Sound. Put the phone down on a flat surface and the clarity of the dual speakers is amazing.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
U11 for me.

It has no headphone jack, but compensates with rated IP-certification, better camera performance (albeit with a tendency to overexpose), better audio recording, will actually get updated over 2 years and has solid battery life as well despite using a QHD IPS display.

OnePlus has already lost its value edge over its competitors, and its weaknesses are becoming more and more obvious. This isn't as great of a value as its predecessors.

KingGinger55

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you guys I think. I am "upgrading" from my N6P (my mom needs a new phone and I begrudgingly offered up mine since it would be worlds better than what she has now and is still a solid performer) and I am down to these two. While I love the idea behind the Oneplus and it seems like their company has come a long way, I am thinking that I am going to end up with the (gorgeous) U11 instead. Especially after reading this thread, an extra ≈ 170 seems like a bargain for the sound, build quality, screen, sd card support, etc.

That being said, I do prefer a more vanilla android experience... Hmm

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you guys I think. I am "upgrading" from my N6P (my mom needs a new phone and I begrudgingly offered up mine since it would be worlds better than what she has now and is still a solid performer) and I am down to these two. While I love the idea behind the Oneplus and it seems like their company has come a long way, I am thinking that I am going to end up with the (gorgeous) U11 instead. Especially after reading this thread, an extra ≈ 170 seems like a bargain for the sound, build quality, screen, sd card support, etc.

I was reading up on the audio performance of the U11 on their website and was stunned! Can't wait to try it out! Apparently they have some kind of technology that adapts to your individual heating and that combined with the noise cancellation truly provides a unique listening experience. I'm stoked!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Sense is pretty close to vanilla as well. Only major differences are the stock apps and icons plus launcher.

quietlybrilliant

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Why get OP5 over HTC U11?

I've really been looking forward to the new OP5 after absolutely loving the OP3 -- best phone I ever got by a long shot. But given the at best lukewarm reviews of the new camera, lack of waterproofing, and still no stereo louder speaker, I find myself gravitating to the U11 (which seems to win in all 3 departments).

What are some reasons apart from more vanilla version of Android I should still consider the OP5?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why get OP5 over HTC U11?

For me, it was the cheaper price, more RAM, and bigger battery. The U11 was still very close and was my second choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs