HTC edge sense what's next

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it for the flashlight and long squeeze for a screenshot. Use the flashlight often and the screenshot feature a couple of times a week.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Launching the phone app w/a short squeeze and flashlight w/long.
I like the double swipe down for the camera.
I don't think I'd use any of the new squeeze features mentioned in the video but I'm glad they are adding options.

Da_Katz_Pajamas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I use short squeeze for Snapchat and long squeeze for screenshot. I'm probably going to switch the long squeeze for something that doesn't already have a shortcut but I hardly use the flashlight.

Da_Katz_Pajamas

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I thought of decent idea for squeeze functionality. Short squeeze to go back to previous page and long squeeze for going forward. As mentioned in the YouTube comment also in the camera app, short squeeze to activate a Zoom slowly and short squeez again to stop with long squeeze to revert back to default.

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
On XDA there is "edge sense plus" app under HTC U11 - Themes and apps section that can do too many things... The premium version have double squeeze as well.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to insall te viperU room this weekend. They have so many customizations for the edge sense. I hope HTC pays attention to those types of things.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my U11 yet, so I'm not 100% sure how it works. But it seems like these are app-specific functions. Would this mean that the mapped functions (e.g., open camera) won't work when these app-specific functions are turned on? Seems like maybe you'd want to be able to open the camera no matter what app you're in, and this would get in the way.

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
How are you going to root, unlock bootloader, s-off? Can you guide me if you have a link please?

I found a really good guide on YouTube by root junkie for the HTC 10. This weekend when my son fly's home and I have some time. I will be making sure there isn't any extra steps that need to be done. It sounds like it's pretty much same as it was for the 10.

Here is the best source of information, all the threads are searchable. You should be able to find out all the information here.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11