Hey all. I think I'm going to buy a U11 and I have an iPhone 7plus currently. I'm thinking of keeping both but I will probably whittle it down to one. If you have the U11, what do you like about it. If you've had both iPhone and U11, is the U11 innovative or would it be in par with the iphone (I think Apple is lacking innovation right now). Also is the Squeeze thing a gimmick or useful?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-25-2017 06:28 PM
    I've always had Android phones but earlier this year I I decided to give iOs a try. see what the hype was about. I used a 6s plus for a couple of months. Then I got the 7 plus and used it for a couple of weeks. Both are great devices but man are they incredibly boring. If you are looking for innovation, Android and the u11 are the way to go. It's a very well rounded device that has very few weaknesses. The squeeze features work flawlessly and I use them almost every day. I squeeze for flashlight and long squeeze for a screenshot. I doubletap the power button to launch the camera. Anyway, if you have any specific questions let me know. One thing I don't like about the u11, the utter lack of accessories vs. other flagships.
    06-25-2017 07:08 PM
    I've always had Android phones but earlier this year I I decided to give iOs a try. see what the hype was about. I used a 6s plus for a couple of months. Then I got the 7 plus and used it for a couple of weeks. Both are great devices but man are they incredibly boring. If you are looking for innovation, Android and the u11 are the way to go. It's a very well rounded device that has very few weaknesses. The squeeze features work flawlessly and I use them almost every day. I squeeze for flashlight and long squeeze for a screenshot. I doubletap the power button to launch the camera. Anyway, if you have any specific questions let me know. One thing I don't like about the u11, the utter lack of accessories vs. other flagships.
    I've heard that about the cases, etc. How are the stock apps (messages and email specifically)? And how is the battery life?
    06-25-2017 07:18 PM
    I have an iPhone 7 plus and the U11 (iPhone for work, U11 for play). Battery life is exceptional on the 7+. Using wifi at work I can go 3 days or more. U11 can go 2 days on wifi, and definitely lasts a full day if not on wifi. Both are amazingly quick. I am on Sprint for the U11 and data download speeds at home are 65 MB/sec. iPhone is Verizon and is about 60 MB/sec at home. I think the camera on the 7 Plus is better, faster, easier to use, but the U11 has more natural hues and is no slouch. I am really impressed by it. I love the Edge Squeeze. I use it to launch the camera and to launch Google Assistant. Both are great phones. I, too, am disappointed by the lack of quality cases/screen protectors for the U11. Oh, well. For me, Android is much more fun. Just remember that the curved screen on the U11 is more fragile than the screen on the iPhone. Try out the U11 at a Sprint store, even if you but is from HTC or Amazon. Only you know what's right for you.
    AustinTech likes this.
    06-25-2017 07:18 PM
    I've heard that about the cases, etc. How are the stock apps (messages and email specifically)? And how is the battery life?
    Battery life is surprisingly good! Not iPhone 7 plus good, but damn good anyway. The stock message app is alright, nothing special. Same with the stock email app. If you don't like them download something that better suits your needs. I think the iPhone has a great camera,but in low light the u11 blows the 7 away. Great in low light!
    06-26-2017 05:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums! Though I haven't used either device, I definitely think that the Squeeze function on the HTC U11 is not a gimmick. I think it's quite the useful feature to have, and quite innovative, to boot. There are a few users on here who do use it and enjoy it. I've heard good things. What colour are you thinking of getting?
    06-26-2017 09:44 PM
    Here's where I am running into issues. No wifi calling with this phone on Verizon, no visual VM, and I hate switching from imessage to regular SMS. it's annoying to have to tell people with iPhones to delete the last string and try over. None of those are deal killers, just a pain for a bit.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    06-29-2017 08:28 AM
    Here's where I am running into issues. No wifi calling with this phone on Verizon, no visual VM, and I hate switching from imessage to regular SMS. it's annoying to have to tell people with iPhones to delete the last string and try over. None of those are deal killers, just a pain for a bit.
    Yes, those would be inconveniences, for sure. One thing (among others) that I really admire about the iPhone is its iMessaging platform. It's one of the best and most innovative messaging platforms on the market, IMO. I really loved BBM and there are some congruences with iMessage so I suppose that factors into my awe of iMessage in particular.
    06-29-2017 10:13 AM