Does U11 only support its own type-c headphone or I can just buy the expensive adapter?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
and also only type-c power bank? These are a lot of trouble and money!

It comes with the USB C headphones and a USB C to 3.5 audio adapter. You can use any headphones with 3.5 plug using the adapter or buy other USB C headphones if you choose. Any power bank should work as long as you use a USB to USB C charging cable also included in the box.

Bruce_Wayne8887

May 18, 2017
Visit site
From what Ive read the only restrictions ive seen are other 3.5mm to usb c adapters don't work with this phone, only HTC's. Other Usb c headphones will work with this phone. I think theres a JBL pair for sure does. USB C power banks work. QC 3.0 power banks will quick charge this phone but Power delivery over usb c will not(pixels have this). Good power bank brands are RavPower(great lifetime warranties) or Anker.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
From what Ive read the only restrictions ive seen are other 3.5mm to usb c adapters don't work with this phone, only HTC's. Other Usb c headphones will work with this phone. I think theres a JBL pair for sure does. USB C power banks work. QC 3.0 power banks will quick charge this phone but Power delivery over usb c will not(pixels have this). Good power bank brands are RavPower(great lifetime warranties) or Anker.

But I have read that U Ultra only supports HTC type-c headphone. HTC has changed the rule for U11?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Just like 3 months different and like 99% is the same
Smh...HTC really did a bad job differentiating the 2... The U ultra was the start of a new line and the U11 is the follow-up for the 10... It's true they are similar in a lot of internal ways but that's every high end phone released within a certain time frame... The phones really aren't suppose to have anything to do with each other it's just the naming

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Smh...HTC really did a bad job differentiating the 2... The U ultra was the start of a new line and the U11 is the follow-up for the 10... It's true they are similar in a lot of internal ways but that's every high end phone released within a certain time frame... The phones really aren't suppose to have anything to do with each other it's just the naming
You show u ultra then u11 to any random people on street, ask them is it the same phone, they would say yes

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You show u ultra then u11 to any random people on street, ask them is it the same phone, they would say yes
The Ultra was never their flagship. Although they look similar, the U 11 has a more advanced processor, camera as well as audio, including newer specs and USB -C standards.

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
The Ultra was never their flagship. Although they look similar, the U 11 has a more advanced processor, camera as well as audio, including newer specs and USB -C standards.
Most of the human cannot tell these benchmark only level diffetent. U ultra started with a flagship price and htc never said it is not flagship. Anyone can tell and like much cheaper.
Htc phones price srop crazy not woth to buy until drop end
Htc 10
Around exactly 12 months ago hkd$5598
Now hkd$2500
Drop 56%
Both official price with htc warranty

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Lol but the same could be said about most smartphones... Ppl on the street probably wouldn't even know it was an U Ultra or U11 they'll just see HTC

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Most of the human cannot tell these benchmark only level diffetent. U ultra started with a flagship price and htc never said it is not flagship. Anyone can tell and like much cheaper.
Htc phones price srop crazy not woth to buy until drop end
Htc 10
Around exactly 12 months ago hkd$5598
Now hkd$2500
Drop 56%
Both official price with htc warranty
Yes HTC did announce when they released the phone that it is not the follow up for the HTC 10 nor their flagship device of the year...

I can't say anything about the price because I didn't understand it but they felt like it was worth that price I guess

j4ee

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
Yes HTC did announce when they released the phone that it is not the follow up for the HTC 10 nor their flagship device of the year...

I can't say anything about the price because I didn't understand it but they felt like it was worth that price I guess
I google but cannot find htc said u ultra was not their flagship

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
He does sound trolling.
This site isnt for the average person on the street, you asked a question, we tried to answer.
So to put it in perspective, If we show this thread to most people on the street they will think your trolling.

Alfred Loh

Sep 11, 2017
Visit site
i tested the u11 earphone on Samsung S8+, A9 and PC with USB type C port. all no response. These devices can't even detect a USB device plug in.

I suspect either U11 or Samsung did not implement the audio over Type -C standard. It may just stream analog audio through the type C data2 ports?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
The included ear buds only work on the U11, which kinda sucks because they're really good. But you only get digital out of the USB-C port. Always. The adapter is where Digital to Analog Conversion takes place. Hence the acronym DAC.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
i tested the u11 earphone on Samsung S8+, A9 and PC with USB type C port. all no response. These devices can't even detect a USB device plug in.

I suspect either U11 or Samsung did not implement the audio over Type -C standard. It may just stream analog audio through the type C data2 ports?
Yeah AC said in an article they did they found the earphones only worked on 1 other phone besides the u11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol