I'm back to the HTC U11 from the LG V20

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
After 20 days with the LG v20 and all of the frustrations I have endured with Sprint I picked up the u11 this afternoon.

Even though I paid my v20 off and got a brand new one sitting in the box now, I couldn't take another chance at having the same issues again and spending 2 complete days dealing with their customer service phone support people.

It took a very patient store manager getting po'd at those people to understand the issues and get me into another device. I didn't have to pay off my v20 but did anyway and will keep it as a emergency device with all the spare batteries and cases I have for it.

I have been setting everything up including the headphones and can say that they sound very good and their eq does a excellent job on smoothing things out nicely and they have a good amount of very punchy low end which surprised me completely.

The speed of the wifi and the cell signal is phenomenal as well as how the overall feel of the phone and responds... Blazing fast is a appropriate description.

WiFi calling... Damn Sprint hit it on the nose with this one and I never knew what or how good it was till now. It's always been a hit or miss and wasn't something I wanted to use, but I will actually be using this feature now.

I was having some serious problems with wifi disconnects and cell service not to mention speaker distortion. Others have had the same problems so it is what it is for those. Hopefully LG will get a fix in for the v20 like they did for the G6.

I got the blue version of this phone and it certainly is blue... Lol.

It's also slicker than snot and I put it in the drop protecting Incipeo case at the store. Most folks know that I am not a fan of any glass backed phone, so I won't try to be trendy and use it naked 😁

What else.... Oh yeah... That dongle thingy works good with wired headphones and sounds damn good too... I don't know what some of these reviewers are talking about, but with my Sony's they sound every bit as good as my v20 sounded. They may not sound as bright as on the v20 but I was using power amp and had everything set but, out of the box just using Google Music they certainly sound just as good with clear seperation and depth of field and the low end isn't muddy or congested but very detailed and punchy after a few hours of detailed comparisons. Tidal I have subscribed to (6) months free from Sprint... So we'll have to wait until I get busy with this for more details..

OK... My major gripes are as follows and these are my personal thoughts and opinions, nothing more...

No Ota radio... I will have to just get over it and learn to stream.. Period.

Sealed battery... See above

Glass backs... See above...

It's smaller than my v20... Hmm... I will get used to it fairly quickly.

The screen is nicer than the LG and fwiw HTC has better themes and easier to download.

Boom Sound... Much Much better than the LG v20, not as good as my m8, but nice loud and clear, same with the speaker phone.

Call quality is excellent BTW and battery life is certainly better... We will see how good it can be and last..

Mean time I'm off to pick up some fireworks for a early celebration..

More later

Mac

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear others are also loving the u11. Such a great device. Nothing is perfect, but if you value performance, sound, camera, and battery life...hard to beat the u11

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Day 2

This is a very good phone.

I've driven quite a few miles today and the cell reception is great with it.

I'm on Sprint BTW and while they aren't the worst carrier around here, they never have been the best, but I never lost a signal when I have before..

HTC build quality is excellent and they did a great job with this and Sprint..

Battery life is above normal and on 2 cycles I'm getting 6 hours of screen time average. Making it through the day shouldn't be a problem for now but I will reserve judgment for the 6-8 month and see how much degradation there will be or if a software update plays havoc with it..

I'm not real happy with this incipeo case on it but until I can find one that I actually like it will have to do.

Mac

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Day 6

It's been a great week with my u11.

Usually by now with all my other phones the honeymoon is over but not so with this one.

Everytime I pick this phone up and start using it a smile breaks out on my face.

With every phone I have ever owned, I have found flaws that started bugging me and after putting this phone through it's paces hard I've yet to find any that does.

This is a first for me and my wife is very happy about it.

Oh I know some here aren't so happy with theirs and are finding something wrong with them, and I also think that some are finding things wrong with them to justify returning them as well. I feel sorry for all of them because they don't have my experience with it and I wished they could have it.

This post week I've had several 1st.. This phone, streaming tons of music..opening a Twitter account and signing up for Skype.. My downers were having a son move far away from home to the East Coast..he's happy and that's what is important though.. Also having both sons gone on 4th of July.. So I've been up and down with my emotions and this phone has helped me believe it or not.. Pretty crazy ehh 🤣

I could complain about things that I don't have on this phone but I knew that they didn't have these things before I got it this time.. So they don't factor in and I don't need them anymore.. Hell I don't even have to complain about the tiny amount of carrier bloat that is on here.. It hasn't slowed things down along with the other 100+ apps that I have on it..

All in all this phone truly is...

Simply Brilliant

Mac

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Day 6

It's been a great week with my u11.

Usually by now with all my other phones the honeymoon is over but not so with this one.

Everytime I pick this phone up and start using it a smile breaks out on my face.

With every phone I have ever owned, I have found flaws that started bugging me and after putting this phone through it's paces hard I've yet to find any that does.

This is a first for me and my wife is very happy about it.

Oh I know some here aren't so happy with theirs and are finding something wrong with them, and I also think that some are finding things wrong with them to justify returning them as well. I feel sorry for all of them because they don't have my experience with it and I wished they could have it.

This post week I've had several 1st.. This phone, streaming tons of music..opening a Twitter account and signing up for Skype.. My downers were having a son move far away from home to the East Coast..he's happy and that's what is important though.. Also having both sons gone on 4th of July.. So I've been up and down with my emotions and this phone has helped me believe it or not.. Pretty crazy ehh 🤣

I could complain about things that I don't have on this phone but I knew that they didn't have these things before I got it this time.. So they don't factor in and I don't need them anymore.. Hell I don't even have to complain about the tiny amount of carrier bloat that is on here.. It hasn't slowed things down along with the other 100+ apps that I have on it..

All in all this phone truly is...

Simply Brilliant

Mac

Well well well said! You seriously need to write a blog about your journey thus far. This was a good read. :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much for your in depth reviews! I'm sorry you had quite the run-around with regards to your V20, but at least it's all behind you and you have a great phone as a backup decide!

Also, what made you decide on the blue? I really like the blue and silver versions. I don't know how I'll decide, because even the red is pretty!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so much for your in depth reviews! I'm sorry you had quite the run-around with regards to your V20, but at least it's all behind you and you have a great phone as a backup decide!

Also, what made you decide on the blue? I really like the blue and silver versions. I don't know how I'll decide, because even the red is pretty!

Your welcome.

I've always had black or gray phones and the opportunity to have this Sapphire Blue came just by chance when I was at the Sprint store and what they brought out to me. I didn't specifically ask for it, but when they opened the box to start the process I couldn't find it in my heart to say no. The color is so stunningly beautiful and inviting that it just called to me..

Mac

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Your welcome.

I've always had black or gray phones and the opportunity to have this Sapphire Blue came just by chance when I was at the Sprint store and what they brought out to me. I didn't specifically ask for it, but when they opened the box to start the process I couldn't find it in my heart to say no. The color is so stunningly beautiful and inviting that it just called to me..

Mac

I agree, the blue truly is a work of art.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Day 9

I'm sitting here at work and enjoying a few minutes remaining on my lunch break, marveling at the reception I am getting on my u11.

I was worried that I wasn't going to get very good reception in my shop, but I am actually getting the best reception I've had on any phone I have used here in the past 18 years. This is another first for me with this phone, because I would always have to go outside to make or receive a call... Yeah... 🤣

I have been going through some issues finding a suitable glass screen protector for this phone. Out of the 3 most highly recommended ones, none have been satisfactory. So I ordered the full body I Gaurd and will just be a little more cautious with it. Least I will be protecting the beautiful back from scratches with it. Lol

I know 1 thing for certain... This phone is a conversation piece. People see it when I have it out of the case and they just have to see it up close... Too close actually... Memo to self.. Keep it in the damn case and quit showing it off...

Mac

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Day 9

I'm sitting here at work and enjoying a few minutes remaining on my lunch break, marveling at the reception I am getting on my u11.

I was worried that I wasn't going to get very good reception in my shop, but I am actually getting the best reception I've had on any phone I have used here in the past 18 years. This is another first for me with this phone, because I would always have to go outside to make or receive a call... Yeah... 🤣

I have been going through some issues finding a suitable glass screen protector for this phone. Out of the 3 most highly recommended ones, none have been satisfactory. So I ordered the full body I Gaurd and will just be a little more cautious with it. Least I will be protecting the beautiful back from scratches with it. Lol

I know 1 thing for certain... This phone is a conversation piece. People see it when I have it out of the case and they just have to see it up close... Too close actually... Memo to self.. Keep it in the damn case and quit showing it off...

Mac

Thank you for the input about reception! My Honor 8 gives me better reception/signal than my LG G3 did, but I'm wondering if the U11 will be even better! That will be exciting!

And that's great that people are looking at it - well, sort of great, haha. :p People see that you're using something different and want to know what it is!

Thanks for recommending that screen protector! Let us know how it goes!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for the input about reception! My Honor 8 gives me better reception/signal than my LG G3 did, but I'm wondering if the U11 will be even better! That will be exciting!

And that's great that people are looking at it - well, sort of great, haha. :p People see that you're using something different and want to know what it is!

Thanks for recommending that screen protector! Let us know how it goes!

Your welcome.. The screen & wrap is supposed to be here this week and the case next week.

Mac

deadlywill

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
There's a video on YouTube with a guy stabbing the U11 screen with a kitchen knife repeatedly, then he whacks it repeatedly with a coin and then jams his keys all over the screen and tries to scratch it to blazes with all three and in the end not a scratch can be seen. I'd skip the screen protector to be honest after watching that.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463