ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The tests he did were worthless. He didn't compare the battery drain without AOD. Samsung phone batteries drain faster than LGs does even when AOD is off so the tests say nothing about AOD itself.

Yet your claim that the LGG6 aod used a large amount of battery is backed up by no facts. Do you even have a G6? I do.

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
No it does not, I have owned both the G6 and an S8/S8+ and the LG G6 AOD used less battery than my Samsung. Does not make sense but that is what I experienced.

The LG AOD doesn't use less battery than Samsung's AOD. Like I said, Samsungs drain battery when idling at a higher rate than LG phones do and that is with the AOD off.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Secondary displays are ugly gimmicks to get around a display technology deficiency. They're completely unnecessary.
I personally like the 2nd screen because of the function ...I think if more phone would've included it ppl would've stopped thinking of it as a gimmick and actually appreciated it and it's functionality

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I personally like the 2nd screen because of the function ...I think if more phone would've included it ppl would've stopped thinking of it as a gimmick and actually appreciated it and it's functionality

If you've not noticed something about the person you've responded to, he follows the same pattern the HTC forums have to deal with every year when an HTC flagship releases. Nothing of value to add to any discussion and is intent on being argumentive without the intelligence or reasoning skills to back it up. Best to ignore and not waste time..lol. But yeah, secondary displays can be the tits and offer far more usability than AOD.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't have AOD. The supported gesture is double tap to wake up to quickly check notifications.

I either didn't know or I forgot that this phone had double-tap-to-unlock! I need this phone. I've missed that feature on my LG G3. I loved being able to check my notifications without moving my phone off the table/couch/my purse, etc.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I either didn't know or I forgot that this phone had double-tap-to-unlock! I need this phone. I've missed that feature on my LG G3. I loved being able to check my notifications without moving my phone off the table/couch/my purse, etc.

To be clear, its double to wake up and not unlock. You still have to either use the FPS or your PIN to unlock the phone.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Are you gonna choose a phone soon lol

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
If you've not noticed something about the person you've responded to, he follows the same pattern the HTC forums have to deal with every year when an HTC flagship releases. Nothing of value to add to any discussion and is intent on being argumentive without the intelligence or reasoning skills to back it up. Best to ignore and not waste time..lol. But yeah, secondary displays can be the tits and offer far more usability than AOD.

You greatly overestimate yourself. You made a thread where you made a bunch of erroneous claims and you're mad because I called you out on them. You looked like a fool.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Seems the best usage of AOD is for notifications or other information that can be read at a glance. If there's a way to do what the Yota phone does with it's e-ink display, that'd be really nice. The problem would be figuring out how to implement it while retaining the original design elements and layout. I think that's where the secondary display could come in handy.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you gonna choose a phone soon lol

LOOL it's so difficult. But I am really leaning towards the U11. Can't justify buying it now, so I think I'll wait until next year or until my Honor 8 does something bad. I really hope the latter doesn't happen though! :p

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
My way around not having AOD is to have an android wear smartwatch, which has AOD, and keeps me from compulsively checking my phone, thus saving battery life

kboy10

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
You're wrong

I have owned a G6 since June. AOD was a big driver to get the G6. I gave it enabled 24/7 and on highest brightness no battery drain. Im a heavy user but can still get a full day and some of battery life. Whats the bs that LCD panels dont support it. Clearly G6 has an IPS LCD and AOD works great and i get all my notifications inc 3rd party. Yes maybe not as deep ir bright as Samsung but still looks good to me. I use it as a night clock as well.

ugbede ahiaba

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
Re: AOD Hahahaa...Look 2015-sh LOL.

Wow, how is that remotely acceptable on an alleged flagship? Seems like a giant step down from the U-Ultra which at least had a secondary display. Having to physically wake the display seems very 2015-ish. #DealKiller for me.

Well, I downloaded an AOD recently but it appears to run the battery down quickly. But it's not that a big deal to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance