Using Google Dialer with U11

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Installed the non-Nexus Google Dialer and Contacts from apk mirror. (see link). Seems to be working fine. Of course you have to allow "unknown sources" in security settings, accept all permissions, and finally make Google Dialer the default in settings. If you don't do the last step, the stock dialer will open when receiving a call. This is for non-rooted phones. Rooted users will usually know how to disable/remove stock apps.There are a number of threads on XDA about this plus at least one tutorial on YouTube.

Google Phone 7.0.140861421-nonnexus APK Download by Google Inc. - APKMirror

Last edited:

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I got the link from an XDA thread. I've used apk mirror many times in the past with no issues at all. I have never knowingly transmitted or received spam after visiting their site. If you are concerned, you can go directly to apk mirror and search for the listed file. Nevertheless, thanks for the post and if anyone is concerned, they can disregard. You can't get the dialer from the play store, only from apk mirror. Sorry for any concerns and if a mod wants to delete the thread I have no problem.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I got the link from an XDA thread. I've used apk mirror many times in the past with no issues at all. I have never knowingly transmitted or received spam after visiting their site. If you are concerned, you can go directly to apk mirror and search for the listed file. Nevertheless, thanks for the post and if anyone is concerned, they can disregard. You can't get the dialer from the play store, only from apk mirror. Sorry for any concerns and if a mod wants to delete the thread I have no problem.

Was just erring on the side of caution, you could edit the link back to a proper apkmirror one anyway.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
What I did a few minutes ago was go directly to APK Mirror, searched for the file, but the link uses the exact same url as in my original post so I don't know.

Here is the link to the original XDA discussion. I had no problem with the version i linked to in my OP, but some claim that the version ending in 1772 worked for them. I'm using the unlocked U11 on AT&T. It is possible that some other carriers changed something to prevent all the features from working. So, if you want the dialer, you'll have to experiment.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/u11/help/version-google-dialer-t3620581

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
The newest version works fine on Sprint. I loaded it last night but had to go into the settings and allow all of the permissions. Wi-Fi calling works fine too.

Mac

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463