Hi Guys,

I've got edge sense setup to launch google voice search with a long squeeze.

This means I am able to pick up the phone with the screen off, and launch into a voice search by squeezing the phone. The mic icon will come up and I'm able to speak to the phone and it picks up my voice. However the phone will not read back the answer or launch the web search until I have swiped up to unlock the screen.

It's worth noting that the phone isn't actually locked at all as it's paired to my smartwatch which is setup as a 'trusted device' to keep the phone unlocked. So the screen lock is always showing an open padlock, but I still need to swipe up in order for Google voice to read back the answer to my query.

Is there anyway to remove the need for the extra swipe as it would be great to just be able to launch and receive results with nothing but the squeeze and not have to touch the screen or home button.

I've tried enabling 'trusted voice' and 'ok google detection' from any screen, but that hasn't made any difference. I still need to swipe up the padlock to get the results.

Any ideas appreciated.
    07-14-2017 07:54 AM
    Weird..

I have mine set up for the same way and it can be off and fires straight up without having to swipe the lock screen. I don't have it paired to a smart watch though. Try unpairing the watch and see if it works..

Mac
    07-15-2017 09:25 AM
    This seems to be an issue with edge sense as it requires to manually swipe the screen to enter. Unfortunately the same thing has been bugging users when using Bixby with S8. So I guess this is a limitation in the OS than something imposed by the app I guess.
    07-16-2017 09:57 AM
    This seems to be an issue with edge sense as it requires to manually swipe the screen to enter. Unfortunately the same thing has been bugging users when using Bixby with S8. So I guess this is a limitation in the OS than something imposed by the app I guess.
    Not really.. On my Sprint Sapphire Blue I can use it for opening the Google voice assistant and now with Alexa and it works well for both with the screen off or on. No swiping is needed.

Mac
    James E1 likes this.
    07-17-2017 12:36 PM