Does the unlocked HTC U11 work on Sprints Network?

A

AC Question

I want that Solar Red HTC U11 but I'm with Sprint and that color is not an option. Does the unlocked HTC U11 version work on Sprint's Network?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any idea what model number the unlocked U11 is? When I search for that, it doesn't show any CDMA band support (which is what Sprint uses for voice calls). On top of that, Sprint is somewhat notorious for difficulty with bringing your own phone -- check with Sprint directly first, to see if they could add that phone to their network.

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Don't think they do, I accidentally ordered an unlocked one and it wouldn't work. Had to send it back. I don't understand why Sprint the exclusive carrier only offers two colors.

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
The unlocked HTC U11 cannot be activated on the Sprint network because Sprint won't allow it. I tried because I wanted the Amazing Silver color option. Also had to return it. Don't understand why Sprint, the exclusive carrier, can't make the popular Amazing Silver and Solar Red color options available from the Sprint Website central warehouse and shipping location. No need to stock 4 SKU's (colors) in stores.
Truth - although not exclusive carrier, Sprint promotes iPhones & Samsungs.

Although the hardware is the identical including the availability of Sprint CDMA bands on both the unlocked and Sprint versions, the Sprint version has a Sprint specific ROM that utilizes Sprint's CDMA bands and Sprint's LTE Plus - Advanced three channel integration, a technology that bonds together bands of spectrum to create a wider lane, allowing more data traffic to travel at higher rate including great building penetration with the 800 Mhz band. No other carrier other than Sprint has achieved these speeds of 200+ Mbps in over 100 markets, thus far (mid July 2017).

If one could get the unlocked version activated on the Sprint network it would be crippled LTE without the Sprint specific ROM.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie