Did HTC change the dialer? In the window that displays the contact picture it shows the picture during a call but when not in a call it shows a few calls from history. How do I get it to show the contact picture all the time?
    07-15-2017 06:09 AM
    I'm not exactly sure what the question is here. They have changed the dialer find the M7 and M8, but it's pretty much the same as the 10 from last year. When you are on a call that contact photo fills the dialer screen. But when you're not on a call what contact photo would you want filling the screen? You can swipe left and right through the headers, but that doesn't have much to do w/ contact photos.
    07-15-2017 07:07 AM
    I'm not exactly sure what the question is here. They have changed the dialer find the M7 and M8, but it's pretty much the same as the 10 from last year. When you are on a call that contact photo fills the dialer screen. But when you're not on a call what contact photo would you want filling the screen? You can swipe left and right through the headers, but that doesn't have much to do w/ contact photos.
    On all my previous HTC phones ( m7, m9, 10) the dialer when not on a call would show the previous call contact photo/card in the window and dial pad below. On the U11 when not on a call it shows a few calls from history in the window where the contact photo is during a call. Pic shows what it looks like on the U11.
    Attached Thumbnails HTC phone dialer help?-5991.jpg  
    07-15-2017 07:53 AM
    Did HTC change the dialer? In the window that displays the contact picture it shows the picture during a call but when not in a call it shows a few calls from history. How do I get it to show the contact picture all the time?
    Not sure if any of you have heard of this but I've been using it for awhile and I absolutely love it. It's the Google dialer. Link below.

(Edit: it's a patched app and it doesn't require root or any special steps to get it to work. Download, install app and set default dialer as the Google phone app)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...ialer-t3557412
    07-15-2017 09:11 AM
    That has been crashing for me constantly. I finally moved to the original version there and it seems to be fine till now.
    07-15-2017 10:30 AM
    On all my previous HTC phones ( m7, m9, 10) the dialer when not on a call would show the previous call contact photo/card in the window and dial pad below. On the U11 when not on a call it shows a few calls from history in the window where the contact photo is during a call. Pic shows what it looks like on the U11.
    I'm not sure what you mean... This is exactly how my 10 dialer looks
    07-15-2017 12:08 PM
    I know what you mean. On my 10 it showed a picture of the last person called but when i changed the display size to small, it started showing it just like your picture.
    07-15-2017 01:43 PM
    I know what you mean. On my 10 it showed a picture of the last person called but when i changed the display size to small, it started showing it just like your picture.
    Oh... I just switched it to default display size and I see what they mean now... I guess I never noticed bc I have it on the small display size...

Maybe changing the display size on the u11 will work this way too
    07-15-2017 04:23 PM
    Oh... I just switched it to default display size and I see what they mean now... I guess I never noticed bc I have it on the small display size...

Maybe changing the display size on the u11 will work this way too
    Nah doesn't work i tried it
    07-15-2017 05:16 PM
    Nah doesn't work i tried it
    Tried it to and you are correct doesn't work. I may try the Google dialer but doubt I Will switch to it.
    07-15-2017 06:09 PM
    Tried it to and you are correct doesn't work. I may try the Google dialer but doubt I Will switch to it.
    The Google Dialer works great. You can get the latest version from APK Mirror.
    07-16-2017 09:22 AM