Is everybody enjoying the solar red

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I love mine! Had the Amazing Silver but had to send it back (a defective unit). Serendipitous, I suppose, as I now have the red. I have my SR in a Spigen Liquid Crystal case which is, for the most part, a great case.

Can't put my finger on it entirely; I just love the red!

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I was hoping for a more vibrant red but it's more of a watermelon color. Love how it turns gold when you tilt it.

Last edited:

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Solar Red is great! The next best to Solar Red is Sapphire Blue. My least favorite is Amazing Silver.

But is it a guy color? It just seems a little feminine. I thought about returning it and getting the blue but don't want to go through the hassle that some of the others went through.

Andrew_404

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm pleased with the red color. In a clear Spigen case looks really good. Wanted something different. Always bought blue or black wanted my phone to stand out from the norm...

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
I have tried Black, blue and red. My wife had blue and she said i dont want red. But then after my Solar Red arrived, she just made order Red for her as well. I am using it skinomi skin and extra care.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
The best colored I've owned and I'm glad I held out for the Solar Red. Only thing is that I'm extra extra careful with how I handle and wipe it down, because I fear I'm going to scratch the back glass.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's been good, but my favorite is in the below order having had the silver U11, Blue U Ultra and now the red U11.

Sapphire Blue (loved the most)
Solar Red
Amazing silver

One thing with solar red is it definitely turns head and will ask what phone is this. My wife commented why I'm using that shiny red case 🤣🤣

nileshdd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
But is it a guy color? It just seems a little feminine. I thought about returning it and getting the blue but don't want to go through the hassle that some of the others went through.

I agree. It does seem a little feminine on the back (not that that makes it inferior :)) Inside the Spigen clear case, it definitely doesn't look the red that's on the sides; that shade I love. I am 60-40 in favor and the hassle of returning it is not worth it. It's not wow for me but it's pretty ok. I am good with it.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a tough time deciding between red and blue. I think silver is out... For now.

Let's get real: it changes weekly. 🤣

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
OK I decided that the Solar Red is just not working for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful phone and I love the gold reflections but the red is just not what I expected. I have contacted HTC about the return and should get an email today. Wish me luck on getting a credit on PayPal quickly. I am going to order the sapphire blue today in hopes of getting it before I have to return the red. Decided against the silver as my wife is going to get it in a few weeks.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah it's been good, but my favorite is in the below order having had the silver U11, Blue U Ultra and now the red U11.

Sapphire Blue (loved the most)
Solar Red
Amazing silver

One thing with solar red is it definitely turns head and will ask what phone is this. My wife commented why I'm using that shiny red case 🤣🤣

Lol my wife would be calling me a sissy or another word that might offend some if I got the red. I just ordered the blue sapphire. Returning my BlackBerry keyone. This thing is too slow

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
OK I decided that the Solar Red is just not working for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful phone and I love the gold reflections but the red is just not what I expected. I have contacted HTC about the return and should get an email today. Wish me luck on getting a credit on PayPal quickly. I am going to order the sapphire blue today in hopes of getting it before I have to return the red. Decided against the silver as my wife is going to get it in a few weeks.

Yep I was all in on red until I saw videos. Blue is the best color imo. Silver looks obnoxious like a true chrome

nileshdd

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I seriously considered the sapphire blue but then I saw it in the store and it's a bit too dark blue for me. The sides have a dark purple tint and I maybe nitpicking here, but I didn't find any color absolutely 100% wow. Each has something missing. Overall, not taking the effort to return the red one now :)

dwb3838

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
the red was what I really wanted and at the last minute I changed my mind because it was just not the red I thought it was. my wife got the saphirre blue and it's beautiful cause blue is her favorite color and believe it or not I got the Brilliant Black and I don't regret it at all I love black and it even looks like a dark green tint to it sometimes so everyone it's your choice and with this kind of money you deserve to get what color u want.

Quikstep

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm generally happy with the red, but the minor gripe is that even in a clear case, the color gets lightened by a shade, so it really skews more pink-ish. I've tried multiple cases and it's the same. I'm keeping it because it's still my favorite of the options, and I'm secure in my manhood, hahaha. I wish the red was a little darker and the sapphire blue was a little lighter, though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie