Anyone else having issues with returning the U11 to HTC?

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I have two devices for return to HTC(digital river)

Device 1: Sent they have had the device for nearly two weeks and no response on processing a return

Device 2: Requested a return a week ago and finally heard something two days ago basically asking if I really wanted to return the device which I wrote back yes. No response

Anyone else going through trouble?

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I have two devices for return to HTC(digital river)

Device 1: Sent they have had the device for nearly two weeks and no response on processing a return

Device 2: Requested a return a week ago and finally heard something two days ago basically asking if I really wanted to return the device which I wrote back yes. No response

Anyone else going through trouble?
Check out the "sadly, I'm returning my u11 to HTC" thread

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Start by filing a complaint with the BBB - it seems that this action gets them moving very quickly. Also, if you paid via PayPal, consider filing a dispute with them. If the vendor doesn't respond within 10 days (I filed my claim on July 18 and HTC still hasn't responded), you can escalate the dispute to a claim, which PayPal usually decides in the buyer's favor - if you have all the proof of the phone being returned to and received by HTC, you'll definitely get your money back. HTC did, however, immediately respond to the BBB complaint and are promising that I will have my refund in 2 business days (Tuesday, July 25). Check the thread that other users linked here for our horror stories of trying to get a refund from HTC/Digital River.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I have to say, this is a real bummer. I was hoping to use HTC's PayPal financing deal.

The bigger question is: does this reflect on HTC's service in general? Will this kind of thing happen if there's a technical support issue of some kind?

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
The bigger question is: does this reflect on HTC's service in general? Will this kind of thing happen if there's a technical support issue of some kind?

In the past, I've only had to return one HTC phone for warranty service (MyTouch 4G), but that was handled through the carrier. As far as getting warranty service directly from HTC, there are a few Reddit threads with descriptions of similar customer treatment as our refund situations. In other words, caveat emptor.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a huge thread on how HTC sucks in handling returns. You are not alone, get ready for lots of follow up and calls.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=811832
Most OEMs suck with returns. That is not their core competency (making devices is). You are at the luck of the resource allocation draw and if they farm out customer service, plus the competency of the third party they use as well.

Buying direct and returns tends to be like oil and water.