I need some of you to test the dialer.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Open the phone app. Go to the history tab. Tap on one of the phone numbers, not the contact picture on the left, and see if it automatically dials that number or if you have to tap the call button also. Thanks in advance.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Ok thanks. Maybe I am just nitpicking but on all my other HTC phones I could just tap a number from call history and it automatically dials and I could swear the U11 did it that way also for the first couple of weeks. I personally like it to auto dial.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I just tried, and it worked from both the Call History and Phone tabs. Completely stock Sprint phone.

Now I know I'm not crazy. My U11 worked fine for a few weeks but now it no longer auto dials from history. Must of been an update that changed it.

erojas388

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the 1.16.617.6 as well but i have to tap twice to call. Has anyone allowed google duo's video calls to show up in the dialer? I did, can that be why this is happening?

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am on 1.16.617.6 also. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago. After downloading I could still call from history with one tap. About a week or so ago it changed to the two tap call. It's so annoying now when I forget it's two tap and I'm holding the phone to my ear waiting for it to start ringing then finally realizing I didn't tap call.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Open the phone app. Go to the history tab. Tap on one of the phone numbers, not the contact picture on the left, and see if it automatically dials that number or if you have to tap the call button also. Thanks in advance.
When I click on the number from the call history, it dials it immediately.

I am in Dubai and am stuck on the 1.13.401.1 software though

PS: I have the 6GB/128GB unlocked version with dual sim support

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I really do not like the phone dialer on the U11, it definitely is different than what I'm use to. Does anyone know if the standard Google phone dialer app will work on this phone?
Edit: nevermind I guess you can not just get the Google dialer without using Google launcher

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I really do not like the phone dialer on the U11, it definitely is different than what I'm use to. Does anyone know if the standard Google phone dialer app will work on this phone?
Edit: nevermind I guess you can not just get the Google dialer without using Google launcher

Actually you can. I tried it out for a day but switched back. I can't remember why.

PAC757

Trusted Member
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@James E1:
How did you get the stock Google dialer? When I finally found it on the Google Play Store it wouldn't let me install it, it said "Your device isn't compatible with this version "