How is the U11 holding out?

AustinTech

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Splindedly, no issues at all but I haven't been super rough with it. Spigen case, plastic screen protector. I was worried for the first week, but not now.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's no more delicate than the S8, G6 or any other glass phones so nothing specific to HTC. It's fine using without a case but all you need is one bad moment anytime to drop it and crack the glass. So if you put on a decent case on the back or even use the bundled case you should be good.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
It's no more delicate than the S8, G6 or any other glass phones so nothing specific to HTC. It's fine using without a case but all you need is one bad moment anytime to drop it and crack the glass. So if you put on a decent case on the back or even use the bundled case you should be good.

The reason I asked is because I've read many reviews that, for some reason, the U11 was very prone to cracks and breaks moreso than other devices.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The reason I asked is because I've read many reviews that, for some reason, the U11 was very prone to cracks and breaks moreso than other devices.
I have the S8 and XZ premium along with U11 all glass devices and been using them for a some time now. Haven't seen or feel one being more prone to cracks etc. So it's a concern IMO honestly, same glass phone concerns of cracking when dropped etc but nothing unusual.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My biggest thing with phones today -- all phones, not just glass-backed ones -- is that I just don't put them in my pockets. Maybe I look really geeky with a holster strapped to my waist, but it seems to me that most of these "didn't drop it!" instances of cracked glass and such involve putting them in a pocket.

Simply put, it's always seemed like the stresses caused by putting a device in a pocket -- particularly in tight pants -- just can't be good.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Curiosity is getting the best of me... What reviews are saying that the u11 is very prone to cracks and breaks more than any other glass phone?

Mac

anon(10221500)

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Curiosity is getting the best of me... What reviews are saying that the u11 is very prone to cracks and breaks more than any other glass phone?

Mac

I've seen one review (can't remember where) the main problem is since the 3D curved glass meets the metal frame there is NO give when it's banged or dropped, etc.
Personally i'll chance it because this is the only phone out there that has EVERYTHING I look for in a phone.