Question about the 128GB HTC U11 version

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing it's just supply challenges at this point, which would explain both Amazon not carrying it yet and HTC only selling one model. Maybe when we see HTC selling all the colors in the 128GB version we'll see Amazon start carrying it as well. As far as why Silver, maybe that's the more popular version?

I'm still on the fence about whether the 128GB is worth the $80 to me. My wife will probably inheret this phone anyways, and she's be more than happy with 4GB/64GB. So, if Amazon doesn't get it very soon, I might go ahead and pull the trigger and save some money. I'm definitely not comfortable buying directly from HTC at this point given all of the problems people have been having with returns (and the cost of return, which is always a risk).

80 isn't a bad price for an additonal 2GB of ram and 64 GB of storage. Wouldn't you keep this phone for a few years?

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
80 isn't a bad price for an additonal 2GB of ram and 64 GB of storage. Wouldn't you keep this phone for a few years?

I hear you, except as I mentioned it will likely go to my wife. She's happy with her Samsung Galaxy S5, except it only has 16GB of storage and that's running low. 64GB would be a massive upgrade for her.

That, compared to $80 being a bit of cash to us right now. So, it's a touch decision overall, not aided by the delay in getting it on Amazon.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Starting to feel like Amazon is not going to stock it. I don't understand the limit of the good phone to silver only either. They should have just released the better version from the start.

Just FYI the silver is more blue than silver IMO. It's not like the S7/S8 silver at all, which is like a silver mirror.

Black was my first choice in color but I wanted the 6GB Ram. I love the color.

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Just FYI the silver is more blue than silver IMO. It's not like the S7/S8 silver at all, which is like a silver mirror.

Exactly! Got mine yesterday and feel the same way. I also would have gone with the black, but silver was number two on my list, but 6gb / 128gb number 1.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site

Good to know, thanks. I am so ready for this phone. Still debating the cost plus tax.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Sure nuff. And wouldn't it just be the case that my finances got in a bit of a bind and I have to really debate how much I can spend.

I am the same. It's going to be high on Amazon - almost 800. I'm waiting. I picked up a mint s8+ for 550. I want another U11, but I'm waiting for price drops. On ebay, the international versions are about 660ish.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am the same. It's going to be high on Amazon - almost 800. I'm waiting. I picked up a mint s8+ for 550. I want another U11, but I'm waiting for price drops. On ebay, the international versions are about 660ish.

Hmm... The Amazon price is the same $729 as on HTC.com (without the HTC discount). But for me, even the $80 matters right now. So I'm not sure what I'll be doing.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Decided it just didn't make sense to me to drop to 4GB/64GB to save $80. Pulled the trigger on the 128GB version, will be here Friday.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Guys, I have the secret! Just picked up a sealed 128/6 US version on Swappa for $630 delivered. Don't miss! One left!!

Oh, well, crap, too late. :) Got mine from Amazon today, paid the full price but I have to say: I haven't had this nice an out-of-box experience with a phone in awhile. Really liking this phone so far. I'll give some more intiial thoughts after a few days.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Oh, well, crap, too late. :) Got mine from Amazon today, paid the full price but I have to say: I haven't had this nice an out-of-box experience with a phone in awhile. Really liking this phone so far. I'll give some more intiial thoughts after a few days.

Congrats, man. You have the best phone on the market!

SkypilotOfHope

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, after hovering between $909.00-$929.00, the 128GB version sold here in Canada now lists for $999.00. Those who grabbed it earlier, and possibly with a discount, too, gotta great deal, imo.

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Well, after hovering between $909.00-$929.00, the 128GB version sold here in Canada now lists for $999.00. Those who grabbed it earlier, and possibly with a discount, too, gotta great deal, imo.

Agreed. As one of the beneficiaries of a $909 price less a promo code, I kinda feel like I stole this. Loving my shiny (even tho I covered it up) new tech!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang