Question about the 128GB HTC U11 version

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm waiting for this US version to come to Amazon but I saw someone say that it's not 6gb ram? Is that true? Will it only be 4? I'm really enjoying this phone more so than I'd imagine. It's possibly the smoothest Android I've ever used. It just wouldn't be worth it to me to only have extra storage. The added ram is mostly what I'm after. Anyone know, let me know. Thanks

slyguy0

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Question about the 128 version

I'm waiting for this US version to come to Amazon but I saw someone say that it's not 6gb ram? Is that true? Will it only be 4? I'm really enjoying this phone more so than I'd imagine. It's possibly the smoothest Android I've ever used. It just wouldn't be worth it to me to only have extra storage. The added ram is mostly what I'm after. Anyone know, let me know. Thanks

Hi. I spoke to HTC several times, and was reassured that it is 6gb of ram. There isn't a 128 gb storage / 4 gb ram version. I ordered mine two nights ago and am waiting patiently in Canada. I will post if that info is incorrect.

DominionRoofs

Dec 14, 2016
Visit site
Re: Question about the 128 version

Other reps on htc.com have confirmed that it's 6gb RAM as well. I am more interested in the RAM too. I am going to wait to see if Amazon gets this version and order there.

That's what I'm waiting on as well. I just received my 64 version from Amazon so I still have like 27 days. I'm assuming it'll be in stock be then.

anon(9785393)

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
from htc.com:

"We don't currently have an exact date about the phones being released. The only thing we know for sure is the fact that the devices are going to be shipped from mid-August and on."

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
from htc.com:

"We don't currently have an exact date about the phones being released. The only thing we know for sure is the fact that the devices are going to be shipped from mid-August and on."

Mid-August will be fine for me personally, I just hope Amazon has the 128GB version at the same time.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that Amazon will get it. Since one of the big features is Alexa, it makes total sense that Amazon would back all US versions.

Makes sense, and I'm being as patient as I can be. Which isn't very -- the 64GB version keeps calling my name.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You could always but the 64gb version of Amazon and return it once the 128 comes out

Nah, I don't like misusing good return policies. Also, you don't want to return too much with Amazon, because they've been known to cancel the accounts of serial returners.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Youu can get the 128GB version on Amazon now. Prime eligible, in stock. But it's the int'l version. So there may be issues. But they may not be major issues at all, depending on your carrier.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Youu can get the 128GB version on Amazon now. Prime eligible, in stock. But it's the int'l version. So there may be issues. But they may not be major issues at all, depending on your carrier.
They will have no warranty etc, don't see much use in not buying the official US unlocked version. Better to wait few more weeks,/days if you want the 128 GB version and buy the US version IMO.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
oh man mine just shipped but that may be a good thing!

I originally had a Oneplus 5, but then I returned the O5 and went for a HTC u11 and I decided that I really liked Oneplus 5 better because of the OS so i returned the HTC U11 and went back to the O5.

I was happy until I saw that the U11 6gb/128 version was available in the US for pre-order. So impulse buy, I bought the HTCu11 and returned the O5. I finally got all my returns back from Oneplus and HTC

Last night, I decided that I am going to buy the O5 one more time and stick with it and cancel the pre-order for the U11. I sent HTC an email because I didn't have a password for the order to cancel it on their website.

My O5 shipped in the afternoon and I finally received an email to cancel my HTC U11 order. Well when I went to go do that it was in shipping process and I recieved an email from fedex that it was shipped.

LOL!!!

I'am going to return the O5 and stick with the HTC U11, better phone overall

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith