Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post. First off, loving the HTC U11. Huge upgrade from the M8.

I'm posting today to see if anybody can replicate a bug that I ran into earlier today:

1. Have phone completely locked so it requires fingerprint scan
    2. Don't unlock, and in stead launch the camera using edge sense
    3. Take a photo using edge sense and then try to delete it in the preview screen

My phone goes bananas when I do this and the screen starts jumping back and forth between the lock screen and the delete photo screen. I can stop this by simply unlocking the phone but was freaking out when it happened today. Let me know if you can replicate it.

Also, last week my phone crashed on me after I launched the camera and it was stuttering really bad. Screen went black for like 20 minutes and I couldn't power it on. Eventually, phone restarted, the phone said an error had occurred and asked me if it could send an automated report to HTC, which I allowed it to do. Ever since, my phone has been fine and I've noticed the RAM usage now hovers around 2.6 GB, whereas before it would hover around 3-3.2 GB.

Thanks in advance!
    08-05-2017 09:19 PM
    Hi all,

I've been lurking for a while and this is my first post. First off, loving the HTC U11. Huge upgrade from the M8.

I'm posting today to see if anybody can replicate a bug that I ran into earlier today:

1. Have phone completely locked so it requires fingerprint scan
    2. Don't unlock, and in stead launch the camera using edge sense
    3. Take a photo using edge sense and then try to delete it in the preview screen

My phone goes bananas when I do this and the screen starts jumping back and forth between the lock screen and the delete photo screen. I can stop this by simply unlocking the phone but was freaking out when it happened today. Let me know if you can replicate it.

Also, last week my phone crashed on me after I launched the camera and it was stuttering really bad. Screen went black for like 20 minutes and I couldn't power it on. Eventually, phone restarted, the phone said an error had occurred and asked me if it could send an automated report to HTC, which I allowed it to do. Ever since, my phone has been fine and I've noticed the RAM usage now hovers around 2.6 GB, whereas before it would hover around 3-3.2 GB.

Thanks in advance!
    Yes it happens on the 2 U11s I have in hand. It didn't happen for a few weeks so I figured it had something to do with an update. I found if I uninstalled updates to Google photos it fixed the problem. I am sure it will be fixed soon.
    08-05-2017 10:45 PM
    Thank you for confirming! I wrote HTC already to report the bug. Hopefully there is a fix coming soon.
    08-06-2017 06:40 AM
    I've been seeing the same thing over the last week or so as well. Not constantly, but a few times.
    08-06-2017 12:24 PM
    It seems that the latest Google photos update has fixed this problem.
    BigDinCA likes this.
    08-25-2017 02:25 PM