Currently loving the camera, edge sense, battery and practically everything about the phone. Just been doing some tests and I think there maybe a software issue with using the microphone when using loudspeaker - a small however commonly used function for me.

I have tested:
    HTC audio test
    Voice recording and trying out each mic
    Normal calls

All appear fine in isolation but no one can hear me properly if I call on loudspeaker it is as though I am under water.

Anyone test theirs and know if they have the same issue?

I have also had reset from the recovery menu.

Cheers.
    08-06-2017 03:29 PM
    My microphone works fine if I'm using loud speaker. None of my contacts have complained about the call quality.
    08-06-2017 04:50 PM
    Any chance you've gotten it wet? Blow out the ports if you have. Not with an air compressor or anything, but canned air or just your own breath. My speakers get bogged down a little if it's recently gotten wet. After I blow them dry they're fine.
    08-07-2017 11:59 AM
    Maybe a weak vacuum would work better, so it doesn't push the debris/water in deeper?
    08-07-2017 07:21 PM
    Currently loving the camera, edge sense, battery and practically everything about the phone. Just been doing some tests and I think there maybe a software issue with using the microphone when using loudspeaker - a small however commonly used function for me.

I have tested:
    HTC audio test
    Voice recording and trying out each mic
    Normal calls

All appear fine in isolation but no one can hear me properly if I call on loudspeaker it is as though I am under water.

Anyone test theirs and know if they have the same issue?

I have also had reset from the recovery menu.

Cheers.
    Try holding the phone with the screen facing you more directly like when looking at the screen.
    08-14-2017 12:55 PM
    Hello, I had the same problem. For me it was the screen protector over microphone #3 located left to the front camera. With a small knife I was able to reopen the whole of the mic so the sound could be received again. It solved the issue. You may dial *#*#3 424#*#* and select "Audio Test" to test quality of all 4 microphones.
    Thanks!

Daniel Liedke
    02-25-2019 09:06 AM