Can I use the HTC U11 earphones on my laptop?

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I tried plugging them into the Thunderbolt port on my laptop but couldn't get any audio and I can't find an adapter that converts the USB Type C into a standard headphone jack type to plug it in the earphone jack on the laptop

any idea how to do this or to use them on my laptop?

Larry 609

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I was just reading something about people weren't able to plug their Apple headphones with a similar structure into their Macbooks, so there might not be, unless some person here learned a way around it?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone into the audio settings on your computer? You may just need to change the audio device in use, computer probably isn't set up to automatically transmit audio like the phones USB C port is.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I read when they were released that the u11 headphones only work with USB c on the u11. I don't think they are compatible with other USB c devices unfortunately.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
There may be some partial functionality on other phones. There is an article on the Pocket Now site that explains in detail.

Rob Chew

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Err..the article clearly says it may work on other HTC phones that can pump power out of the Type-C cable but still no proof that it actually works. And it also says that a USonic app could enable better support for such scenarios.

So, for now, USonic earbuds are very specific and tailored to U11.
I agree 100 %. Unless someone has tested them thoroughly, you should go on the assumption they will only work "properly" on the U11 or the other 2 models stated. Hopefully, HTC will release an app to expand compatibility, but I wouldn't count on it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary