My upgrade is July next year and I won't be able to afford the 2018 flagships, so I'll be getting a flagship phone from the year at a cheaper price.

First of the, I'm a massive stock android fan, to me it's so much far more fluid and reliable. HTC Sense seems be near stock android, which I can live with.

However, I've got a main concern: the design. It looks beautiful on the back but will bezel less phones become the standard by 2018-2020? I don't want to have a phone which is outdated in looks with 'big' bezels for a device I'll be using for 2 years.

Also, how are HTC and phone updates to Oreo etc? Speedy or slow?

My other considerations by that font next year would be the Oneplus 5, maybe the Essential Phone (though it will probably still be expensive and I've heard that the camera is poor. I start university next year too so a great camera is needed haha).

I don't care about the headphone jack removal btw, I've pretty much adopted wireless headphones.

Thank you for the responses!
    09-03-2017 04:07 PM
    HTC should get pretty timely updates. which carrier still head two year contracts?
    09-03-2017 04:29 PM
    I'm from the UK, they're really common here, more so than 12 month contracts lol
    09-03-2017 04:34 PM
    My advice is dont care what people think. Buy a phone that you like for the time and can live with for two years. Most of the phones next year will be out by July so you can look at all the reviews and decide. I don't know if the 18:9 ratio will be more of standard now or not.
    NightOrchid likes this.
    09-03-2017 05:05 PM
    My advice is dont care what people think. Buy a phone that you like for the time and can live with for two years. Most of the phones next year will be out by July so you can look at all the reviews and decide. I don't know if the 18:9 ratio will be more of standard now or not.

Totally Agree here.. Its your choice.. and who knows.. Developers might've woken up from their "Apple Sheep" moment and put the Headphone Jack back on phones
    09-03-2017 05:54 PM