Howdy,

Having an issue with my U11 and quick charging. Started about a week ago. So far I've been able to eliminate the USB cable by swapping it out and replicating the results with another cable.

This started about a week ago (I've had the phone for about 3 months now)

What happens is, when I use the original HTC charger with my phone, I get the attached message and really slow charging and Ampere reports that it draws around 60mA. If I plug my girlfriend's Galaxy S7 charger using the same USB cable, it draws around 1000-1200mA, reports Quick Charger connected and charges quickly. If I then go back to using my charger, I get the Quick Charger results. If I disconnect my phone and wait a few hours, it'll go back to slow charging when I use my charger. My girlfriend's Samsung Galaxy S7 gets Quick Charging regardless of what charger she uses.

In summary, this is what I get from my testing:
    Original HTC Charger with U11 - Slow charging (most of the time)
    Swapping from HTC Charger to Samsung charger and then back to HTC charger - Quick Charging (most of the time)
    Samsung charger with U11 - Always quick charging
    HTC charger with Galaxy S7 - Always quick charging

All other USB functions (Audio, Boom sound, data transfer) work fine.

As you can see at the moment it's impossible for me to eliminate either the phone or charger to be at fault. And it's doing my head in.

I've also tried a factory reset, and have tried fully discharging and recharging the battery. I cannot for the life of me work out what the issue is.

Anyone come across anything similar, can anyone shed any light on this one?

Quick Charge Intermittently Not Working With Supplied HTC charger-screenshot_20170901-154517.jpg
    09-03-2017 10:10 PM
    I usually find its poor connection on one end or the other when I get that notice...
    09-05-2017 12:51 PM
    I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue, OP! Do you have any insurance on your U11?
    09-05-2017 05:45 PM
    Curious, indeed. Should you get this resolved let us know, but it sounds like you've taken every investigatory step. Seems to be leading toward the conclusion your U11 is somehow defective.
    09-09-2017 06:48 AM