htc u11 broken home button

rlight74

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
so let me say, i did love this phone, everything was great on it.. that was until to day as i was leaving the gym, the fingerprint reader/home button decided to stop working. At first i thought it had some moisture on it but even after cleaning it either dint read my finger or would tell me to cover the whole sensor. when it would tell me this i also could not press the lock button to turn off the display. then it decided to stop reading anything and acted as though it didn't exist. after that i tried opening the finger print settings but my screen would go black and setting would crash. did a factory reset and now its as if my phone never had one at all, like you cant find any mention of it in settings, any ware. i know my way around phones but this is new.

thedf413

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Same problem here. What is your software number? It happened to me after I upgraded to 1.27.401.5. It was working absolutely fine until the upgrade, even in rain. Then my phone got little wet yesterday and suddenly fingerprint sensor/home button does not work anymore. I didn't try factory reset yet.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I had this exact same issue two weeks ago. Please bare with me here. I did the clear cache and factory reset and none of that helped. I worked with HTC tech support and we couldn't resolve it either. The problem fixed itself within 48 hours. For me it all started after I ended a phone call and then I experienced everything you did. After the 2nd day, I just happened to plug in the charging cable and then the home button started working again. When I researched this issue on XDA, others reported that it fixed itself. Give it a few days, but note that the Android system process will nuke your battery until it fixes itself.

rlight74

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
i read up on those forums, the button to me feels lose. like there is what appears to be flex if i gently press it or with my nail. got warm charging using there charger before i had a workout, did get some sweat on it but that shouldn't matter with the ip67.

thedf413

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Guys I washed my phone under water and now it's totally fine. I guess my U11 loves water. Try putting a few water drops on the fingerprint scanner when the phone is turned on for a minute. Then dry it. At your own risk.

Doogi

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Guys I washed my phone under water and now it's totally fine. I guess my U11 loves water. Try putting a few water drops on the fingerprint scanner when the phone is turned on for a minute. Then dry it. At your own risk.

You know what ? THAT ACTUALLY WORKS !

tyw87

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Guys, i hit exactly this same issue today all in a sudden, the phone is not even wet.
- Fingerprint scanner home button not working
- Keep asking me to cover the button fully
- Unable to turn off screen with power button (Wake screen up with home button on)
- Unable to charge properly, charging indicator turn on and off

The phone is on Android 8.0.0 2.42.400.3 version.
And i did exactly this method and seriously IT WORKS.
lol, i guess HTC U11 needs a bath once in awhile.

tyw87

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Guys, i hit exactly this same issue today all in a sudden, the phone is not even wet.
- Fingerprint scanner home button not working
- Keep asking me to cover the button fully
- Unable to turn off screen with power button (Wake screen up with home button on)
- Unable to charge properly, charging indicator turn on and off

The phone is on Android 8.0.0 2.42.400.3 version.
And i did exactly this method and seriously IT WORKS.
lol, i guess HTC U11 needs a bath once in awhile.

maksr

Sep 30, 2021
Visit site
I tried some of the above without success.

I already posted here what I thought at the first moment was a usable solution, but it's actually only using left button (back) instead of the middle one.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma