I have an issue with the autofocus behavior of the U11 when taking stills. I've noticed that with quite a few shots I've taken with the U11 that it had a tendency to back-focus.

For example I took a picture of a young boy in a garden where he was center frame, yet the camera focused on the flowers behind him. It did this twice in a row and the only way to remedy this is that I had to manual set the focal point to his face to prevent it from back-focusing. Again in a night club and taking a group photo in low light, it back-focused and the only way to mitigate that issue was to manually set the focal point to the group of people. So it seems that when shooting in auto-mode and NOT manually setting the focal point, the U11 doesn't do a consistent job of picking the correct subject to focus on.

My second petty gripe is with the focal length. Though I know this is fixed, I'd prefer they chose 35mm instead of going wide with 28mm (I think). When trying to frame shots of people, the distortion drives me insane, especially when doing full-body shots in portrait orientation. I know it's the nature of having a wide-angle focal length, but it seems it favors landscape, group photos, and architecture type shots. In my opinion 35mm would have been more flexible.

Make no mistake though, the quality of the images it creates are still stunning to me regardless. Maybe I'm being to dramatic, but I wonder how others feel about this and if y'all notice the same behavior as me.
    10-14-2017 01:17 PM
    I've experienced some frustration with the focus at times.
    10-19-2017 07:38 AM
    I haven't had any issues with focus (yet). But I agree about the wide angle; that seems pretty common with smartphone cameras, though. At least, single-lens smartphone cameras.
    10-20-2017 06:21 PM
    which phone cameras have 35mm focal length?
    10-30-2017 03:49 AM