HTC quality?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
... I've put in a new MicroSD card in the phone, and the phone recognizes it and everything. I was originally thinking of formatting it using the phone to be safe, but it warns that doing so makes the card only usable in the phone. Can anyone comment on whether this is true? And whether I should format it, or just leave it be? Thanks to everyone who chimed in!
That's a little bizarre that the Format as portable storage option encrypts it as well. I know that formatting as internal storage does that. It has to. But if your card is recognized, then you're all set. If you're worried you can format it in your computer as well. Just be sure to format it as exFAT.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
BigCinCA, thanks! I ended up just using it as is. Now one more question:

In SolidExplorer, I can't write to the SD card. Previously on my Note 4, trying to do so would trigger a prompt asking me to grant permission to the SD card for the app. But for some reason, I'm not seeing that, so I can't figure out a way to give that permission. The built-in Files app works, so I don't think it's a problem with the card.

Anyone have an idea how I can do this? Or is it a problem with SolidExplorer, maybe it's not recognizing Oreo correctly?

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I suspect it may be because Solid Explorer was originally installed as a "restore" from my old phone, so something in the settings didn't transfer correctly. When I installed the new Material Design version, it worked fine, so problem solved.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
All right, I've ordered and received my Solar Red U11! I'm being super careful with it, as the case I ordered hasn't arrived yet. I've downloaded and installed all the system updates, bringing the phone up to Oreo. A wonderful experience compared to my AT&T version of Note 4.

Now my question is: I've put in a new MicroSD card in the phone, and the phone recognizes it and everything. I was originally thinking of formatting it using the phone to be safe, but it warns that doing so makes the card only usable in the phone. Can anyone comment on whether this is true? And whether I should format it, or just leave it be? Thanks to everyone who chimed in!

That is so exciting! Congratulations on your Solar Red U11! It truly is a gorgeous colour. If I were to buy a U11, I'd go for either the red or silver. The red seems to look gold in some lighting situations, as well!

Victor H

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
I've owned eris, inc2, m7, m8, and now the 11...i am always impressed with HTC as they are relatively simple, ahead of the game, and just awesome. They might not be hypebeast like the Samsung or Apple but that's why I like.. I'm different. Just my 2 cents. I have nvr had any problems with any of my htc products unless I did something (attempt to root or drop a million times).

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
That is so exciting! Congratulations on your Solar Red U11! It truly is a gorgeous colour. If I were to buy a U11, I'd go for either the red or silver. The red seems to look gold in some lighting situations, as well!

Thanks! I chose the Solar Red because I have fond memories of my old red Incredible.

WarnerYoung

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I've owned eris, inc2, m7, m8, and now the 11...i am always impressed with HTC as they are relatively simple, ahead of the game, and just awesome. They might not be hypebeast like the Samsung or Apple but that's why I like.. I'm different. Just my 2 cents. I have nvr had any problems with any of my htc products unless I did something (attempt to root or drop a million times).

I actually did have problems with my original Incredible. I think it was the random reboot problem. And that's one reason I was originally hesitant about the U11. But after reading people's responses and a lot of reviews, I think HTC's come a long way since then, and their phones are generally better.

Having said that, there are a couple of things from my Note 4 that I'll miss:
  • The ability to group settings so the most commonly used ones are right at the top
  • The ability to pick different vibrate patterns

But overall, the U11 is running so much more smoothly, and battery life is so much better, with a vastly better camera, that I can't complain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol