What do you like, dislike about the Oreo update and what new features have you found?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I guess we're not getting "always on" display the way the U11+ has? Bummer.

I know not everyone has a smart watch, but I have no need for an AOD. I am so used to having a watch and I already know everything going on with my phone before I even pull it out of my pocket.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
What I wish is that HTC would add a third squeeze option...a double squeeze to allow a third shortcut.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Right now I have it set up so that a short squeeze pulls up the edge sense panel and the long press squeeze pulls up the camera.

Where is this Edge Sense Panel that i hear spoken?

Also, are we able to split screen on the U11? I tried using Google Play Music but was unable.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

Also, are we able to split screen on the U11? I tried using Google Play Music but was unable.

It's actually called the "Edge Launcher." It's an option for short or long press. Pulls up a number of tools, including by a calendar and a rotary launcher along the right-hand side.

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
My first question: I know there are different icon shapes, but I can't figure out how to change them. Not sure I like the round shape that's now apparently the default...

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

Split screen works fine for me. As far as the edge sense panel, go in to settings, edge sense, customize squeeze action and select edge launcher.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Nice - got it!

Quick tutorial on getting split screen to work? :p

When in an app press and hold the recent app button. The app your in should shift to the top half of the screen and recent apps should be in the bottom half. Select the second app from the list or navigate to the app you want ( home screen, app drawer) and select and that app should appear in the bottom half of the screen.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I don't care for AOD it just seems to be a waste of battery. Now pickup the phone and the display come on is another story.

And that's what the u11+ has. The option for the display to trigger with motion, be always on, or be always on during select hours. That's why I was excited about it but for now it's not to be for us u11 folks. :-(

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I wasn't sure I was going to find the new edge launcher to be particularly useful but wow was I wrong. Love it and it's now my short squeeze (which was previously the phone app). I've got half the wheel set up with all my quick dials and text contacts and the other half with some apps that I use often and some quick setting toggles. I also just discovered that tapping on the calendar brings you into Google Calendar. Cool!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax