Sprint WIFI Calling stopped working

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After using Wifi Calling at home, work and on almost every wifi network I regularly visit, since I bought the phone at launch, my Sprint WIFI calling won't connect. It turns on, but just doesn't connect. Took it to Sprint today and they reset all network settings, to no avail, and finally did a factory reset, agin to avail. There hasn't been any updates in the past few day. Can't figure it out. Sprint kindly offered to send my phone in for repair, which leaves me without a phone for at least a week (and I leave for vacation in 3days...). Anyone have this issue or any ideas?

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Pretty sure they did that at Sprint. They completely re activated the phone.

You should double-check. Provisioning isn't quite the same as activation. Call from home because they may walk you through some settings using the dialer. But on top of that, get a new SIM if you can. Can't help w/ the USB port. No issues on either of mine, but have you tried another cable to see if it's not the port itself?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
You should double-check. Provisioning isn't quite the same as activation. Call from home because they may walk you through some settings using the dialer. But on top of that, get a new SIM if you can. Can't help w/ the USB port. No issues on either of mine, but have you tried another cable to see if it's not the port itself?
I'll give it a shot from home. I'll try to get a new sim card too...who knows. This phone has been flawless so far. The port is pretty okay with the stock charger, so it may be the 3rd party cables I'm using in the card.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
After using Wifi Calling at home, work and on almost every wifi network I regularly visit, since I bought the phone at launch, my Sprint WIFI calling won't connect. It turns on, but just doesn't connect. Took it to Sprint today and they reset all network settings, to no avail, and finally did a factory reset, agin to avail. There hasn't been any updates in the past few day. Can't figure it out. Sprint kindly offered to send my phone in for repair, which leaves me without a phone for at least a week (and I leave for vacation in 3days...). Anyone have this issue or any ideas?

SAME HERE! Any solutions yet?

Sprint U11 ... Wifi calling just stopped working a few days ago.

Last edited:

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
We may be the only two using the U 11 on Sprint, using wifi calling.... (Or trying to use it...)

Make that 3 of us. Not sure when it went out of order. Hmmmm. I do recall back in June when I set up wifi calling that it worked great on my phone, but I could not set it up on son's phone. He needed it to travel to Europe to call USA. I will check his phone tomorrow.

Edit: I deactivated wifi calling and then reactivated, and my home wifi network and the one at work were removed and I cannot add the home wifi network back.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat with y'all. I noticed a few weeks ago that it stopped working, extremely annoying. I don't talk on the phone that much, so that's a good thing, but its just weird.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I direct messaged back and forth with Sprint Care on Twitter. After satisfying all troubleshooting was performed they sent me to Sprint direct message and open a ticket on the issue. They said they would get back to me in a few days...

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I direct messaged back and forth with Sprint Care on Twitter. After satisfying all troubleshooting was performed they sent me to Sprint direct message and open a ticket on the issue. They said they would get back to me in a few days...

Very cool thanks keep us updated

huckfinn72

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Same thing happened here with my HTC U11 on Sprint

Been a few weeks since it conked out..... tried everything

would love to hear what Sprint has to say

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I got a text from Sprint saying a ticket had been opened and to call a number between certain hours. I tried, got her VM and left mu info and a land line number I'm staying at and haven't got any response. I fly home tomorrow and will pick up on Friday trying to get through.. I'm guessing they are going to try to insist on all of the handset trouble shooting stuff we've already done, including a factory reset. I'm not doing that again and am going point them towards this thread and insist it's on their end...

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Still no call back from Sprint Service Center. I've repeatedly called left messages, including call back numbers when I was staying at a place that had a land line. I'm pretty sure this a Sprint problem and not a handset issue as many of us have this problem. The one thing I curious about is whether this is an HTC U 11 issue or Android issue. Does anyone out there have anyone on the Sprint network that can see if their wifi calling works on non HTC U 11 phones? This would narrow down he issue quickly. Also if any one reading this does have a U 11 with working wifi calling please let me know.... Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar