07-16-2018 03:55 PM
28 12
tools
    After using Wifi Calling at home, work and on almost every wifi network I regularly visit, since I bought the phone at launch, my Sprint WIFI calling won't connect. It turns on, but just doesn't connect. Took it to Sprint today and they reset all network settings, to no avail, and finally did a factory reset, agin to avail. There hasn't been any updates in the past few day. Can't figure it out. Sprint kindly offered to send my phone in for repair, which leaves me without a phone for at least a week (and I leave for vacation in 3days...). Anyone have this issue or any ideas?
    12-13-2017 08:11 PM
    I'd have them re-provision everything on your line. Voice, date, all of it.
    12-14-2017 03:20 AM
    I'd have them re-provision everything on your line. Voice, date, all of it.
    Thanks. Pretty sure they did that at Sprint. They completely re activated the phone.
    12-14-2017 11:09 AM
    And my USB-C charging port seems to be getting loose. the cable falls out pretty easy...
    12-14-2017 11:14 AM
    Thanks. Pretty sure they did that at Sprint. They completely re activated the phone.
    You should double-check. Provisioning isn't quite the same as activation. Call from home because they may walk you through some settings using the dialer. But on top of that, get a new SIM if you can. Can't help w/ the USB port. No issues on either of mine, but have you tried another cable to see if it's not the port itself?
    12-14-2017 07:30 PM
    You should double-check. Provisioning isn't quite the same as activation. Call from home because they may walk you through some settings using the dialer. But on top of that, get a new SIM if you can. Can't help w/ the USB port. No issues on either of mine, but have you tried another cable to see if it's not the port itself?
    I'll give it a shot from home. I'll try to get a new sim card too...who knows. This phone has been flawless so far. The port is pretty okay with the stock charger, so it may be the 3rd party cables I'm using in the card.
    12-14-2017 07:36 PM
    After using Wifi Calling at home, work and on almost every wifi network I regularly visit, since I bought the phone at launch, my Sprint WIFI calling won't connect. It turns on, but just doesn't connect. Took it to Sprint today and they reset all network settings, to no avail, and finally did a factory reset, agin to avail. There hasn't been any updates in the past few day. Can't figure it out. Sprint kindly offered to send my phone in for repair, which leaves me without a phone for at least a week (and I leave for vacation in 3days...). Anyone have this issue or any ideas?
    SAME HERE! Any solutions yet?

Sprint U11 ... Wifi calling just stopped working a few days ago.
    12-15-2017 05:32 PM
    Not yet... I'm on vacation and can't really deal with it, but with the reception I'm in, I'm really missing it..
    12-19-2017 03:11 PM
    Not yet... I'm on vacation and can't really deal with it, but with the reception I'm in, I'm really missing it..
    Still nothing yet, WiFi calling has been inoperative for a week now

Damn
    12-24-2017 02:19 PM
    Still nothing yet, WiFi calling has been inoperative for a week now

Damn
    We may be the only two using the U 11 on Sprint, using wifi calling.... (Or trying to use it...)
    12-24-2017 03:03 PM
    We may be the only two using the U 11 on Sprint, using wifi calling.... (Or trying to use it...)

Make that 3 of us. Not sure when it went out of order. Hmmmm. I do recall back in June when I set up wifi calling that it worked great on my phone, but I could not set it up on son's phone. He needed it to travel to Europe to call USA. I will check his phone tomorrow.

Edit: I deactivated wifi calling and then reactivated, and my home wifi network and the one at work were removed and I cannot add the home wifi network back.
    12-26-2017 10:37 PM
    Maybe Sprint fixed wifi calling for iPhones and broke it for Androids.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/11...king-ios-11-2/
    12-26-2017 11:52 PM
    Maybe Sprint fixed wifi calling for iPhones and broke it for Androids.
    https://www.macrumors.com/2017/12/11...king-ios-11-2/
    I was thinking the same thing.When I get back from my Christmas holiday, I'm going to really get into Sprint and see if they have any clue...Let me know what you figure out.
    12-27-2017 01:33 AM
    I'm in the same boat with y'all. I noticed a few weeks ago that it stopped working, extremely annoying. I don't talk on the phone that much, so that's a good thing, but its just weird.
    12-28-2017 11:42 PM
    I just Tweeted this thread to Sprint Care....
    jwbekens likes this.
    12-30-2017 02:28 PM
    I direct messaged back and forth with Sprint Care on Twitter. After satisfying all troubleshooting was performed they sent me to Sprint direct message and open a ticket on the issue. They said they would get back to me in a few days...
    12-30-2017 09:25 PM
    I direct messaged back and forth with Sprint Care on Twitter. After satisfying all troubleshooting was performed they sent me to Sprint direct message and open a ticket on the issue. They said they would get back to me in a few days...
    Very cool thanks keep us updated
    12-31-2017 05:15 AM
    Same thing happened here with my HTC U11 on Sprint

Been a few weeks since it conked out..... tried everything

would love to hear what Sprint has to say
    01-03-2018 06:35 PM
    I got a text from Sprint saying a ticket had been opened and to call a number between certain hours. I tried, got her VM and left mu info and a land line number I'm staying at and haven't got any response. I fly home tomorrow and will pick up on Friday trying to get through.. I'm guessing they are going to try to insist on all of the handset trouble shooting stuff we've already done, including a factory reset. I'm not doing that again and am going point them towards this thread and insist it's on their end...
    01-04-2018 12:05 AM
    Still no call back from Sprint Service Center. I've repeatedly called left messages, including call back numbers when I was staying at a place that had a land line. I'm pretty sure this a Sprint problem and not a handset issue as many of us have this problem. The one thing I curious about is whether this is an HTC U 11 issue or Android issue. Does anyone out there have anyone on the Sprint network that can see if their wifi calling works on non HTC U 11 phones? This would narrow down he issue quickly. Also if any one reading this does have a U 11 with working wifi calling please let me know.... Thanks.
    01-10-2018 04:08 PM
    My daughters S8 seems to be working on wifi calling...
    01-10-2018 08:36 PM
    Sprint closed the ticket because they say it's an HTC U !! problem and told me to contact HTC. Talked to a very nice lady at HTC who was very knowledgeable and had me restart it in safe mode, had me clear the cache partition and stuff, with no avail. She says the next step is to do a manual update, reinstalling the software, using HTC Sync Manager. Haven't had time to do it and I'm not sure if it will fix the problem anyway....
    jwbekens likes this.
    01-16-2018 11:05 AM
    Just got the Sprint Oreo update this morning and it fully restored Wifi calling...... Yea!!!!!!!
    01-22-2018 11:19 AM
    Just got the Sprint Oreo update this morning and it fully restored Wifi calling...... Yea!!!!!!!
    Good to know. Hope it fixes putting contacts into my VW Golf through BT or Android Auta. It's still not available to me as of now.
    01-22-2018 01:04 PM
    Yes! All fixed with the Oreo update ,,, which is what I suspected
    mfreeland likes this.
    01-22-2018 03:26 PM
28 12