I am a very long HTC user since the Nexus One, I never missed any HTC flagship and even if I tried the galaxy S2 and S6 I always return to HTC, though this year I betrayed HTC with an S8 Exynos since June due to the lack of 3.5mm jack.
    What I love in the S8:
    -Superb screen specially outdoor and for VR
    -UI is much better than older TW
    -It was much cheaper when I bough it than U11
    -3.5mm jack is really good, not as perfect as the HTC 10 but not too far (I use in ear earphones like KZ ZS3 not big headphones)
    What I miss from HTC (U11):
    -The lava red back even if you use a transparent TPU case
    -Still better and more logic UI
    -Buttery smooth UI
    -Leedroid roms!!
    -Slightly better camera
    Voila!
    So I can swap for free my used S8 with a used U11 now that their prices are similar, or sell the S8 for about 480$ and pay a mere 100$ difference for a brand new U11.
    The U11+ would be perfect as they greatly reduced the bezels but the price looks like way too high, and the screen not as good under sunlight than U11.
    For the U11 I am still afraid of 2 things:
    -Screen for VR, is it good enough for VR movies?
    -Audio quality is the same as S8 thanks to the dongle or better/worse?
    So anyone who switched from S8 to U11 please help me!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    01-01-2018 12:02 PM
    The audio is excellent on the U11, and the USB-c headphones that comes with a new phone sound great (noise cancellation). I have not owned an S8, so I can't speak to that.

I can speak to HTC's poor service. I would honestly avoid them, even though I really like the phone. If you get a U11 then be warned that if you have any warranty issues you will have to pester HTC for months to get your phone back.
    01-01-2018 06:26 PM
    My friend had quite the opposite experience with HTC's customer experience. He had to send in his U11 for a repair and they returned it within a month. HTC was friendly, responsive, and very attentive to all of my friend's questions/needs.
    01-01-2018 08:02 PM
    My friend had quite the opposite experience with HTC's customer experience. He had to send in his U11 for a repair and they returned it within a month. HTC was friendly, responsive, and very attentive to all of my friend's questions/needs.
    I also wanted to add that my friend and I both have the U11 and we love it. Beautiful phone that runs the closest pure stock experience you can get.
    01-01-2018 08:02 PM
    I've heard audio quality on the U11 IS excellent; despite the dongle/lack of headphone jack.

If it were me, I'd pay the $100-ish dollars more for a new phone; just in case I encountered anything with a used handset.

PS: And yes, the U11's Solar Red is drop dead gorgeous!
    01-02-2018 02:22 PM
    I like my S8, no problems so far, UI is a bit irritating due to very occasional lags, the screen is pretty good for VR though I expected more for GearVR mode image quality, it's just a bit better than my ex HTC 10.
    What I miss the most is the superb custom roms community like Leedroid, the fact to not be like others (90% of android users here have the S8), a blazing fast UI specially if it's a 6gb ram 128gb, and a superior camera.
    Again the U11+ would be the best choice for me as it has all the advantages of the s8 screen to body ratio and HDR, while keeping all the U11 advantages...but it's not out here and perhaps will never be? and it will certainly cost a leg the first 2 months.
    01-02-2018 03:06 PM