03-25-2018 04:21 PM
51 123
tools
    All I've ever heard was to wipe the cache partition after major OS updates by booting in to recovery mode.
    02-04-2018 07:47 PM
    Right I get not letting Google restore your apps. However why should you have to do a factory restore every time a new update comes out. I've had phones work just fine I have to do any major updates without having to do a complete factory reset or manually reinstall all your apps. That would be like me Factory saying my Windows computer all the time every time a new update comes out and having to reinstall all my programs. That can't be what Google has vision for Android. Something and I mean have to do that but I also make all HTC and see what they know first.
    I'm like you in that you shouldn't have to do a hard reset and to manually set it back up. But sometimes when you have a problem you have to do things a different way. I have always reinstalled from a backup but after I did a hard reset and installed everything manually a few weeks ago I am no longer opposed to it. In fact it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Also gave me a chance to clean everything up and found about 35 apps I really didn't need anymore. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    02-04-2018 08:00 PM
    All I've ever heard was to wipe the cache partition after major OS updates by booting in to recovery mode.
    And that's exactly what you should do. But sometimes you may need to do more if your having issues.
    02-04-2018 08:02 PM
    I'm like you in that you shouldn't have to do a hard reset and to manually set it back up. But sometimes when you have a problem you have to do things a different way. I have always reinstalled from a backup but after I did a hard reset and installed everything manually a few weeks ago I am no longer opposed to it. In fact it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Also gave me a chance to clean everything up and found about 35 apps I really didn't need anymore. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
    And I get that. However why would you need to manually reinstall everything when that's not what I intended. What problems are you having before that fully wiping your phone like I did except I didn't manually reinstall all my apps I did a restore for the backup. Everything on my phone works just fine except for the standby of a battery is not as good as it was when it I had 7.1.1. I think like others are thinking in the Forum that if you see have to fix something in the core OS when they updated it to Oreo. I mean if they don't fix it January's monthly security updates or February then I may have to do a factory reset where I manually install my apps. But I'm willing to bet that's it is deeper as in there's a lot more people having issues.
    02-04-2018 09:29 PM
    After watching loads of videos about this phone lol I've found out the phone doesn't come with a gallery app. Which one is a good gallery app for the U11?
    02-05-2018 06:41 AM
    After watching loads of videos about this phone lol I've found out the phone doesn't come with a gallery app. Which one is a good gallery app for the U11?
    You can always use Google Photos.
    02-05-2018 06:53 AM
    It comes with Google photos pre-installed.
    02-05-2018 07:10 AM
    I always use Google photos but I like having a second gallery app as that's what I'm use to.
    02-05-2018 07:45 AM
    HTC U11 w/ Oreo, Dec 1 security update.

AccuBattery Pro shows SOT of 6.5 hrs, screen off 64.5 hrs, and combined use of 26.3 hrs
    Lucy Davies likes this.
    02-05-2018 09:19 AM
    HTC U11 w/ Oreo, Dec 1 security update.

AccuBattery Pro shows SOT of 6.5 hrs, screen off 64.5 hrs, and combined use of 26.3 hrs
    Wow that's really good.
    02-05-2018 09:52 AM
    My battery life after the update (Sprint) has been better... I'm at 36 hours of light usage (2+ hours of screen on) and still have 33%, and that includes driving 3 hours through a snow storm with spotty coverage. One thing I noticed is the vDM client Device Management is running notification seems to be almost always on. People have gone crazy in the past thinking this was a bad thing, but I'm wondering if its actually managing stuff and helping battery life?...
    James E1 likes this.
    02-05-2018 10:13 AM
    Just seen android central's article about the HTC U12 may have been spotted in the wild so I may wait for that phone if my battery lasts on this phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-06-2018 06:40 AM
    Just seen android central's article about the HTC U12 may have been spotted in the wild so I may wait for that phone if my battery lasts on this phone.
    I am normally one to advocate for getting what is available if you are in need of a new phone; but I love HTC, so go for it if you want! The U12 will probably be super exciting!
    02-06-2018 11:52 AM
    All I wanna no is what the phone will finally look like, it's full specs & when can I get it on contract. Hopefully not to expensive.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-09-2018 08:40 PM
    All I wanna no is what the phone will finally look like, it's full specs & when can I get it on contract. Hopefully not to expensive.
    Agreed. It will be great to know what we're dealing with. The U11 retailed for $900 in Canada (which was too steep for me to pay outright; as my carrier doesn't sell it), so perhaps the U12 will be similar in price as well? Phones seem to be getting more and more expensive these days.
    02-10-2018 07:52 AM
    The HTC U11 plus was £699.99 or £61.40 over 12 months on HTC's website which I can't afford but I'm hoping it will be available via a 24 month contract like other phones & be available on all networks.

Also I agree flagship phones are becoming to expensive. I think in the future I'm gonna have to go with mid range phones coz can no longer afford flagship phones which is a shame coz I'm use to flagship phones.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-10-2018 07:59 AM
    The HTC U11 plus was £699.99 or £61.40 over 12 months on HTC's website which I can't afford but I'm hoping it will be available via a 24 month contract like other phones & be available on all networks.

Also I agree flagship phones are becoming to expensive. I think in the future I'm gonna have to go with mid range phones coz can no longer afford flagship phones which is a shame coz I'm use to flagship phones.
    Have you checked swappa?
    02-10-2018 08:52 AM
    What is swappa?
    02-10-2018 09:05 AM
    What is swappa?
    Swappa.com it's a website for buying and selling new and used smartphones.
    02-10-2018 11:48 AM

I agree. I bought a midrange phone last year (Honor 8) which has served me well for the past 14 months. Midrange phones can do just about everything that flagships do... Minus a few bells and whistles. Prices are getting tough to swallow. For example, the iPhone X retails for $1300 if you buy it outright from my carrier. Outrageous! $1300 can be used for things like rent, car insurance payments, hydro... It makes me sick to think about it.
    mfreeland likes this.
    02-10-2018 01:05 PM
    If I do have to go for a mid range phone at one point I'll definitely check out the specs etc as I do with all phones but I'm just thinking it's not gonna be fast at loading website's & loading up my games.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-10-2018 05:57 PM
    If I do have to go for a mid range phone at one point I'll definitely check out the specs etc as I do with all phones but I'm just thinking it's not gonna be fast at loading website's & loading up my games.
    I think it depends on the individual phone you are looking at. Midrange phones can certainly handle fast loading of websites and games. My Honor 8 has been great at doing both. As you've said, it involves doing some research to find which phone would be best for you.
    02-11-2018 09:30 AM
    Agreed. It will be great to know what we're dealing with. The U11 retailed for $900 in Canada (which was too steep for me to pay outright; as my carrier doesn't sell it), so perhaps the U12 will be similar in price as well? Phones seem to be getting more and more expensive these days.
    Hear ya. I couldn't resist and have really loved my U11 (I'm with Rogers). HTC Canada does not help their own cause either. In both the UK and US (I imagine elsewhere, too) HTC offers payment plans, which are helpful. C'mon HTC Canada; let's sell some more of these great phones here!
    James E1 and Morty2264 like this.
    02-11-2018 12:13 PM
    Hear ya. I couldn't resist and have really loved my U11 (I'm with Rogers). HTC Canada does not help their own cause either. In both the UK and US (I imagine elsewhere, too) HTC offers payment plans, which are helpful. C'mon HTC Canada; let's sell some more of these great phones here!
    You know, if HTC offered a payment plan for Canadians I'd probably have a U11 at this point. I really hope HTC Canada implements this same feature for us soon!
    02-13-2018 04:37 PM
    consistently 5-6 hours of screen on time. great device
    03-25-2018 09:05 AM
51 123