How's the battery on this phone?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading my phone next month & thinking of getting the HTC U11 (was gonna get the U11 plus but it's to expensive & lack of carrier stock) & I'm wondering how that battery is only being 3000mah. My battery in my phone I have is 3760mah will I notice much difference?

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
well it depends some of us who have the HTC u11 and Android 8.0 are having some battery issues. there is a form of talking about it. other than that it's a great phone we are hoping that htc fixes it before the update I was getting about 24 hours battery after unfortunately I was going about 8 to 9 hours.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
8-9 hours is still good but that is a massive drop if you were getting 24 hours out of it. I'm a heavy user & love playing Pokemon go on my phone so just wondering if the 3000 Mah battery would last me a day or longer.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
it should if you're not getting the battery problem at some of us are happy. we are just waiting on our hopeful update that will fix the bug.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading my phone next month & thinking of getting the HTC U11 (was gonna get the U11 plus but it's to expensive & lack of carrier stock) & I'm wondering how that battery is only being 3000mah. My battery in my phone I have is 3760mah will I notice much difference?

Battery has been great for me. My normal use is to charge the phone overnight and I get about 6.5 hrs of SOT and about 18 to 20 hrs a day standby time with about 20 to 25 percent remaining. I have had as high as 10 hrs and 23 min of SOT from 1 charge. I have been sick since last Saturday and haven't used the phone much but have been amazed at the standby time with the added SOT. Will post a couple of screenshots, one from just a little while ago and one from 2 nights ago.
f639a72cfe2a1ff7144bbd81c888cd74.jpg
d40df20ca8dd1ce026439afd3f85f3a7.jpg
296a4c7c1939d78620be2e3b657e9792.jpg

Attachments

• 6411.jpg
    6411.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Battery has been great for me. My normal use is to charge the phone overnight and I get about 6.5 hrs of SOT and about 18 to 20 hrs a day standby time with about 20 to 25 percent remaining. I have had as high as 10 hrs and 23 min of SOT from 1 charge. I have been sick since last Saturday and haven't used the phone much but have been amazed at the standby time with the added SOT. Will post a couple of screenshots, one from just a little while ago and one from 2 nights ago.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180203/f639a72cfe2a1ff7144bbd81c888cd74.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180203/d40df20ca8dd1ce026439afd3f85f3a7.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180203/296a4c7c1939d78620be2e3b657e9792.jpg

How are you such great battery life. There is a lot of people reporting that there's bad battery life with update 8.0 even with December security update. and I can also contested that. I was getting great battery life like you were before the update. I'm glad you're doing great buddy life I wish I was again as well. I've done to factory data reset in about 2 months apart. Hoping that an update will fix it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Have HTC said there looking into battery life problems? I'm hoping mine will be fine if I don't change my mind between now & next month as android 8.0 will be new & fresh on my phone.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
How are you such great battery life. There is a lot of people reporting that there's bad battery life with update 8.0 even with December security update. and I can also contested that. I was getting great battery life like you were before the update. I'm glad you're doing great buddy life I wish I was again as well. I've done to factory data reset in about 2 months apart. Hoping that an update will fix it.
I would suggest doing another factory reset. But when setting the phone back up do not set back up using any of your previous restore backups. Set back up as a new device. Doing this is a pain because you will loose some stuff and you have to manually install all your apps. You have to manually set everything back up, ringtones, alarm clocks, settings, notifications and sign back in to all your accounts. I did it and I'm glad I did, it fixed so many things that I didn't even know where wrong.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard great things about the U11's battery life. It also depends on the processor behind the battery capacity. The U11 is powered by Snapdragon 835 which is good at conserving battery; so I think you'd be okay with powering through a day on Pokémon Go, etc. :)

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I've heard great things about the U11's battery life. It also depends on the processor behind the battery capacity. The U11 is powered by Snapdragon 835 which is good at conserving battery; so I think you'd be okay with powering through a day on Pokémon Go, etc. :)

Cool thanks. Really like this phone already & can't wait to upgrade next month. I was gonna stick to stock android but I've really taken a liking to this phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Cool thanks. Really like this phone already & can't wait to upgrade next month. I was gonna stick to stock android but I've really taken a liking to this phone.

So glad you are liking the U11! It's one of the best yet underrated phones of 2017, in my opinion. I was thinking of getting one myself now that there is a discount... But I've already bought some Pixel accessories. :( However, I am super excited to see what the U12 will be like!

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I would suggest doing another factory reset. But when setting the phone back up do not set back up using any of your previous restore backups. Set back up as a new device. Doing this is a pain because you will loose some stuff and you have to manually install all your apps. You have to manually set everything back up, ringtones, alarm clocks, settings, notifications and sign back in to all your accounts. I did it and I'm glad I did, it fixed so many things that I didn't even know where wrong.

I have to say if I have to manually install 171 apps that would be ridiculous. There must be falling off the base update because my phone was not do this before on 7.1.1. I should not have to install all my apps again that is a lot of apps to reinstall. Hopefully HTC will fix it with an update. Though if they don't I guess I will have to but I really should not have to. That is a lot of time and something I really should not have to do. But I will if I have to but that a lot of time and effort to do.

Also what things did it fix that your did not know was broken bc the only thing that I am having a problem with is the battery. Other than that everything runs fast and smooth. I really believe it is something that HTC has to fix even the pixel line had battery issues and Google came out with 8.1 to fix it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
So glad you are liking the U11! It's one of the best yet underrated phones of 2017, in my opinion. I was thinking of getting one myself now that there is a discount... But I've already bought some Pixel accessories. :( However, I am super excited to see what the U12 will be like!

When is the U12 due out?

I've watched a lot of videos about the U11 & it looks like it has a little LED light by the ear piece. Anyone no if this LED is bright in adark room?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
When is the U12 due out?

I've watched a lot of videos about the U11 & it looks like it has a little LED light by the ear piece. Anyone no if this LED is bright in adark room?

I don't really know when it's scheduled to be out - there are a couple of rumours floating around; which is usually the case when flagships are on the cusp of release.

As far as I am aware the U11 has an LED light (as it doesn't have AOD); so I'm assuming it would be able to be somewhat seen in a dark room.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't really know when it's scheduled to be out - there are a couple of rumours floating around; which is usually the case when flagships are on the cusp of release.

As far as I am aware the U11 has an LED light (as it doesn't have AOD); so I'm assuming it would be able to be somewhat seen in a dark room.

Haven't heard any rumours but I'll keep an eye out but will probably stick with the U11.

I remember when I had my Samsung galaxy S4 & the LED's use to flash when I was trying to sleep & they kept me awake sometimes at night. Just hope these U11 LED's are not as bright or as big as the S4's. If there is an option I may have to turn off the LED's when I go to sleep.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Haven't heard any rumours but I'll keep an eye out but will probably stick with the U11.

I remember when I had my Samsung galaxy S4 & the LED's use to flash when I was trying to sleep & they kept me awake sometimes at night. Just hope these U11 LED's are not as bright or as big as the S4's. If there is an option I may have to turn off the LED's when I go to sleep.
We probably won't see the U12 before April. As far as the led notification light, yes it is bright but it can be turned off or you can always turn the phone face down at night like I do.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I know what you're saying! My current phone (an Honor 8) also has an LED notification light so I turn it face-down when I'm sleeping or if I don't want to see the blinking light during the day, or if I'm watching Netflix, etc.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
We probably won't see the U12 before April. As far as the led notification light, yes it is bright but it can be turned off or you can always turn the phone face down at night like I do.

I'm glad someone is aware of a timeframe! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering when we'd be (approximately) seeing anything.

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I'd look for the 12 to be announced in April/early May and to ship sometime in May. the LED notification is easily visible but won't light up anything I can a dark room.

As for battery life, mine is superb. Even after the Oreo update. But I also do not allow Google to restore all of my apps and app data. I usually hard reset right after the update as well. It gives me an opportunity to cull the apps I've installed over time as well.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'll see how I get on with the LED first. I can always put the phone face down or turn the LED's off. Will be so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn itself off between 15% & 26%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez