How's the battery on this phone?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I'll see how I get on with the LED first. I can always put the phone face down or turn the LED's off. Will be so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn itself off between 15% & 26%.

It sounds like you mistreat your phone a little. I have never had any of my phones do that. The M9 that I've had since launch, that is 3 years, and it's never given me any battery trouble. It's still used as a music player for my 8 year old and a universal remote daily. Still gets at least 3 hours SOT before I plug it into.the charger. Do you let your phone completely die?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like you mistreat your phone a little. I have never had any of my phones do that. The M9 that I've had since launch, that is 3 years, and it's never given me any battery trouble. It's still used as a music player for my 8 year old and a universal remote daily. Still gets at least 3 hours SOT before I plug it into.the charger. Do you let your phone completely die?

Wow that's good about the M9. I never let my phone completely die I always charge it at 15% when it tells me the battery is low. It did get to 3% once nearly 2 years ago when I didn't put my phone on charge properly & woke up the next day on 3%.

This Moto X Force or Droid turbo 2 has only started doing this the past month or so & when it turns off it tells me the battery is really low or completely flat & as soon as I put it on charge it will say 17% or something like that. It doesn't do this everyday it's like every couple of days it will do it. Hasn't done this for 2 day so I'm expecting it to happen tonight or tomorrow.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's good about the M9. I never let my phone completely die I always charge it at 15% when it tells me the battery is low. It did get to 3% once nearly 2 years ago when I didn't put my phone on charge properly & woke up the next day on 3%.

This Moto X Force or Droid turbo 2 has only started doing this the past month or so & when it turns off it tells me the battery is really low or completely flat & as soon as I put it on charge it will say 17% or something like that. It doesn't do this everyday it's like every couple of days it will do it. Hasn't done this for 2 day so I'm expecting it to happen tonight or tomorrow.

Oh, sorry for speculating. Yeah, HTC phones have treated me very well. I've had the Desire HD, One M7, M8, M9, 10 and now the U11. Ever had any issues other than having to do a FDR after a major update once or twice per phone. The U11 is by far the best and most all around phone I've ever had. I'm sure you'll like it.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh, sorry for speculating. Yeah, HTC phones have treated me very well. I've had the Desire HD, One M7, M8, M9, 10 and now the U11. Ever had any issues other than having to do a FDR after a major update once or twice per phone. The U11 is by far the best and most all around phone I've ever had. I'm sure you'll like it.

Don't worry about speculating I thought I'd tell you how I treat my battery on this phone. I treat everything I have with care & try very hard not to drop anything. Really looking forward to picking up this phone next month if I don't change my mind.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd look for the 12 to be announced in April/early May and to ship sometime in May. the LED notification is easily visible but won't light up anything I can a dark room.

As for battery life, mine is superb. Even after the Oreo update. But I also do not allow Google to restore all of my apps and app data. I usually hard reset right after the update as well. It gives me an opportunity to cull the apps I've installed over time as well.

Right I get not letting Google restore your apps. However why should you have to do a factory restore every time a new update comes out. I've had phones work just fine I have to do any major updates without having to do a complete factory reset or manually reinstall all your apps. That would be like me Factory saying my Windows computer all the time every time a new update comes out and having to reinstall all my programs. That can't be what Google has vision for Android. Something and I mean have to do that but I also make all HTC and see what they know first.

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Right I get not letting Google restore your apps. However why should you have to do a factory restore every time a new update comes out. I've had phones work just fine I have to do any major updates without having to do a complete factory reset or manually reinstall all your apps. That would be like me Factory saying my Windows computer all the time every time a new update comes out and having to reinstall all my programs. That can't be what Google has vision for Android. Something and I mean have to do that but I also make all HTC and see what they know first.
I'm like you in that you shouldn't have to do a hard reset and to manually set it back up. But sometimes when you have a problem you have to do things a different way. I have always reinstalled from a backup but after I did a hard reset and installed everything manually a few weeks ago I am no longer opposed to it. In fact it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Also gave me a chance to clean everything up and found about 35 apps I really didn't need anymore. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm like you in that you shouldn't have to do a hard reset and to manually set it back up. But sometimes when you have a problem you have to do things a different way. I have always reinstalled from a backup but after I did a hard reset and installed everything manually a few weeks ago I am no longer opposed to it. In fact it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. Also gave me a chance to clean everything up and found about 35 apps I really didn't need anymore. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

And I get that. However why would you need to manually reinstall everything when that's not what I intended. What problems are you having before that fully wiping your phone like I did except I didn't manually reinstall all my apps I did a restore for the backup. Everything on my phone works just fine except for the standby of a battery is not as good as it was when it I had 7.1.1. I think like others are thinking in the Forum that if you see have to fix something in the core OS when they updated it to Oreo. I mean if they don't fix it January's monthly security updates or February then I may have to do a factory reset where I manually install my apps. But I'm willing to bet that's it is deeper as in there's a lot more people having issues.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
After watching loads of videos about this phone lol I've found out the phone doesn't come with a gallery app. Which one is a good gallery app for the U11?

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
HTC U11 w/ Oreo, Dec 1 security update.

AccuBattery Pro shows SOT of 6.5 hrs, screen off 64.5 hrs, and combined use of 26.3 hrs

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My battery life after the update (Sprint) has been better... I'm at 36 hours of light usage (2+ hours of screen on) and still have 33%, and that includes driving 3 hours through a snow storm with spotty coverage. One thing I noticed is the vDM client Device Management is running notification seems to be almost always on. People have gone crazy in the past thinking this was a bad thing, but I'm wondering if its actually managing stuff and helping battery life?...

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Just seen android central's article about the HTC U12 may have been spotted in the wild so I may wait for that phone if my battery lasts on this phone.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just seen android central's article about the HTC U12 may have been spotted in the wild so I may wait for that phone if my battery lasts on this phone.

I am normally one to advocate for getting what is available if you are in need of a new phone; but I love HTC, so go for it if you want! :) The U12 will probably be super exciting!

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
All I wanna no is what the phone will finally look like, it's full specs & when can I get it on contract. Hopefully not to expensive.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
All I wanna no is what the phone will finally look like, it's full specs & when can I get it on contract. Hopefully not to expensive.

Agreed. It will be great to know what we're dealing with. The U11 retailed for $900 in Canada (which was too steep for me to pay outright; as my carrier doesn't sell it), so perhaps the U12 will be similar in price as well? Phones seem to be getting more and more expensive these days.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae