02-13-2018 05:37 PM
49 12
tools
    Upgrading my phone next month & thinking of getting the HTC U11 (was gonna get the U11 plus but it's to expensive & lack of carrier stock) & I'm wondering how that battery is only being 3000mah. My battery in my phone I have is 3760mah will I notice much difference?
    02-02-2018 06:49 PM
    well it depends some of us who have the HTC u11 and Android 8.0 are having some battery issues. there is a form of talking about it. other than that it's a great phone we are hoping that htc fixes it before the update I was getting about 24 hours battery after unfortunately I was going about 8 to 9 hours.
    02-02-2018 10:20 PM
    8-9 hours is still good but that is a massive drop if you were getting 24 hours out of it. I'm a heavy user & love playing Pokemon go on my phone so just wondering if the 3000 Mah battery would last me a day or longer.
    02-02-2018 10:30 PM
    it should if you're not getting the battery problem at some of us are happy. we are just waiting on our hopeful update that will fix the bug.
    02-02-2018 10:50 PM
    Upgrading my phone next month & thinking of getting the HTC U11 (was gonna get the U11 plus but it's to expensive & lack of carrier stock) & I'm wondering how that battery is only being 3000mah. My battery in my phone I have is 3760mah will I notice much difference?
    Battery has been great for me. My normal use is to charge the phone overnight and I get about 6.5 hrs of SOT and about 18 to 20 hrs a day standby time with about 20 to 25 percent remaining. I have had as high as 10 hrs and 23 min of SOT from 1 charge. I have been sick since last Saturday and haven't used the phone much but have been amazed at the standby time with the added SOT. Will post a couple of screenshots, one from just a little while ago and one from 2 nights ago.
    Attached Thumbnails How's the battery on this phone?-6411.jpg  
    02-02-2018 11:26 PM
    Battery has been great for me. My normal use is to charge the phone overnight and I get about 6.5 hrs of SOT and about 18 to 20 hrs a day standby time with about 20 to 25 percent remaining. I have had as high as 10 hrs and 23 min of SOT from 1 charge. I have been sick since last Saturday and haven't used the phone much but have been amazed at the standby time with the added SOT. Will post a couple of screenshots, one from just a little while ago and one from 2 nights ago.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...81c888cd74.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...fd3f85f3a7.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...3b657e9792.jpg
    How are you such great battery life. There is a lot of people reporting that there's bad battery life with update 8.0 even with December security update. and I can also contested that. I was getting great battery life like you were before the update. I'm glad you're doing great buddy life I wish I was again as well. I've done to factory data reset in about 2 months apart. Hoping that an update will fix it.
    02-03-2018 02:35 AM
    Have HTC said there looking into battery life problems? I'm hoping mine will be fine if I don't change my mind between now & next month as android 8.0 will be new & fresh on my phone.
    02-03-2018 07:40 AM
    How are you such great battery life. There is a lot of people reporting that there's bad battery life with update 8.0 even with December security update. and I can also contested that. I was getting great battery life like you were before the update. I'm glad you're doing great buddy life I wish I was again as well. I've done to factory data reset in about 2 months apart. Hoping that an update will fix it.
    I would suggest doing another factory reset. But when setting the phone back up do not set back up using any of your previous restore backups. Set back up as a new device. Doing this is a pain because you will loose some stuff and you have to manually install all your apps. You have to manually set everything back up, ringtones, alarm clocks, settings, notifications and sign back in to all your accounts. I did it and I'm glad I did, it fixed so many things that I didn't even know where wrong.
    02-03-2018 11:58 AM
    I've heard great things about the U11's battery life. It also depends on the processor behind the battery capacity. The U11 is powered by Snapdragon 835 which is good at conserving battery; so I think you'd be okay with powering through a day on Pokémon Go, etc.
    Lucy Davies likes this.
    02-03-2018 12:38 PM
    I've heard great things about the U11's battery life. It also depends on the processor behind the battery capacity. The U11 is powered by Snapdragon 835 which is good at conserving battery; so I think you'd be okay with powering through a day on Pokémon Go, etc.
    Cool thanks. Really like this phone already & can't wait to upgrade next month. I was gonna stick to stock android but I've really taken a liking to this phone.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-03-2018 06:47 PM
    Cool thanks. Really like this phone already & can't wait to upgrade next month. I was gonna stick to stock android but I've really taken a liking to this phone.
    So glad you are liking the U11! It's one of the best yet underrated phones of 2017, in my opinion. I was thinking of getting one myself now that there is a discount... But I've already bought some Pixel accessories. However, I am super excited to see what the U12 will be like!
    02-03-2018 10:20 PM
    I would suggest doing another factory reset. But when setting the phone back up do not set back up using any of your previous restore backups. Set back up as a new device. Doing this is a pain because you will loose some stuff and you have to manually install all your apps. You have to manually set everything back up, ringtones, alarm clocks, settings, notifications and sign back in to all your accounts. I did it and I'm glad I did, it fixed so many things that I didn't even know where wrong.
    I have to say if I have to manually install 171 apps that would be ridiculous. There must be falling off the base update because my phone was not do this before on 7.1.1. I should not have to install all my apps again that is a lot of apps to reinstall. Hopefully HTC will fix it with an update. Though if they don't I guess I will have to but I really should not have to. That is a lot of time and something I really should not have to do. But I will if I have to but that a lot of time and effort to do.

Also what things did it fix that your did not know was broken bc the only thing that I am having a problem with is the battery. Other than that everything runs fast and smooth. I really believe it is something that HTC has to fix even the pixel line had battery issues and Google came out with 8.1 to fix it.
    02-03-2018 11:29 PM
    So glad you are liking the U11! It's one of the best yet underrated phones of 2017, in my opinion. I was thinking of getting one myself now that there is a discount... But I've already bought some Pixel accessories. However, I am super excited to see what the U12 will be like!
    When is the U12 due out?

I've watched a lot of videos about the U11 & it looks like it has a little LED light by the ear piece. Anyone no if this LED is bright in adark room?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2018 07:46 AM
    When is the U12 due out?

I've watched a lot of videos about the U11 & it looks like it has a little LED light by the ear piece. Anyone no if this LED is bright in adark room?
    I don't really know when it's scheduled to be out - there are a couple of rumours floating around; which is usually the case when flagships are on the cusp of release.

As far as I am aware the U11 has an LED light (as it doesn't have AOD); so I'm assuming it would be able to be somewhat seen in a dark room.
    02-04-2018 09:01 AM
    I don't really know when it's scheduled to be out - there are a couple of rumours floating around; which is usually the case when flagships are on the cusp of release.

As far as I am aware the U11 has an LED light (as it doesn't have AOD); so I'm assuming it would be able to be somewhat seen in a dark room.
    Haven't heard any rumours but I'll keep an eye out but will probably stick with the U11.

I remember when I had my Samsung galaxy S4 & the LED's use to flash when I was trying to sleep & they kept me awake sometimes at night. Just hope these U11 LED's are not as bright or as big as the S4's. If there is an option I may have to turn off the LED's when I go to sleep.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2018 09:07 AM
    Haven't heard any rumours but I'll keep an eye out but will probably stick with the U11.

I remember when I had my Samsung galaxy S4 & the LED's use to flash when I was trying to sleep & they kept me awake sometimes at night. Just hope these U11 LED's are not as bright or as big as the S4's. If there is an option I may have to turn off the LED's when I go to sleep.
    We probably won't see the U12 before April. As far as the led notification light, yes it is bright but it can be turned off or you can always turn the phone face down at night like I do.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2018 10:37 AM

I know what you're saying! My current phone (an Honor 8) also has an LED notification light so I turn it face-down when I'm sleeping or if I don't want to see the blinking light during the day, or if I'm watching Netflix, etc.
    02-04-2018 02:03 PM
    We probably won't see the U12 before April. As far as the led notification light, yes it is bright but it can be turned off or you can always turn the phone face down at night like I do.
    I'm glad someone is aware of a timeframe! Thanks for sharing! I was wondering when we'd be (approximately) seeing anything.
    James E1 likes this.
    02-04-2018 02:04 PM
    I'd look for the 12 to be announced in April/early May and to ship sometime in May. the LED notification is easily visible but won't light up anything I can a dark room.

As for battery life, mine is superb. Even after the Oreo update. But I also do not allow Google to restore all of my apps and app data. I usually hard reset right after the update as well. It gives me an opportunity to cull the apps I've installed over time as well.
    James E1 likes this.
    02-04-2018 02:17 PM
    I'll see how I get on with the LED first. I can always put the phone face down or turn the LED's off. Will be so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn itself off between 15% & 26%.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-04-2018 02:59 PM
    I'll see how I get on with the LED first. I can always put the phone face down or turn the LED's off. Will be so nice to have a phone that doesn't turn itself off between 15% & 26%.
    It sounds like you mistreat your phone a little. I have never had any of my phones do that. The M9 that I've had since launch, that is 3 years, and it's never given me any battery trouble. It's still used as a music player for my 8 year old and a universal remote daily. Still gets at least 3 hours SOT before I plug it into.the charger. Do you let your phone completely die?
    02-04-2018 03:05 PM
    It sounds like you mistreat your phone a little. I have never had any of my phones do that. The M9 that I've had since launch, that is 3 years, and it's never given me any battery trouble. It's still used as a music player for my 8 year old and a universal remote daily. Still gets at least 3 hours SOT before I plug it into.the charger. Do you let your phone completely die?
    Wow that's good about the M9. I never let my phone completely die I always charge it at 15% when it tells me the battery is low. It did get to 3% once nearly 2 years ago when I didn't put my phone on charge properly & woke up the next day on 3%.

This Moto X Force or Droid turbo 2 has only started doing this the past month or so & when it turns off it tells me the battery is really low or completely flat & as soon as I put it on charge it will say 17% or something like that. It doesn't do this everyday it's like every couple of days it will do it. Hasn't done this for 2 day so I'm expecting it to happen tonight or tomorrow.
    02-04-2018 03:15 PM
    Wow that's good about the M9. I never let my phone completely die I always charge it at 15% when it tells me the battery is low. It did get to 3% once nearly 2 years ago when I didn't put my phone on charge properly & woke up the next day on 3%.

This Moto X Force or Droid turbo 2 has only started doing this the past month or so & when it turns off it tells me the battery is really low or completely flat & as soon as I put it on charge it will say 17% or something like that. It doesn't do this everyday it's like every couple of days it will do it. Hasn't done this for 2 day so I'm expecting it to happen tonight or tomorrow.
    Oh, sorry for speculating. Yeah, HTC phones have treated me very well. I've had the Desire HD, One M7, M8, M9, 10 and now the U11. Ever had any issues other than having to do a FDR after a major update once or twice per phone. The U11 is by far the best and most all around phone I've ever had. I'm sure you'll like it.
    02-04-2018 03:33 PM
    Oh, sorry for speculating. Yeah, HTC phones have treated me very well. I've had the Desire HD, One M7, M8, M9, 10 and now the U11. Ever had any issues other than having to do a FDR after a major update once or twice per phone. The U11 is by far the best and most all around phone I've ever had. I'm sure you'll like it.
    Don't worry about speculating I thought I'd tell you how I treat my battery on this phone. I treat everything I have with care & try very hard not to drop anything. Really looking forward to picking up this phone next month if I don't change my mind.
    02-04-2018 04:00 PM
    I'd look for the 12 to be announced in April/early May and to ship sometime in May. the LED notification is easily visible but won't light up anything I can a dark room.

As for battery life, mine is superb. Even after the Oreo update. But I also do not allow Google to restore all of my apps and app data. I usually hard reset right after the update as well. It gives me an opportunity to cull the apps I've installed over time as well.
    Right I get not letting Google restore your apps. However why should you have to do a factory restore every time a new update comes out. I've had phones work just fine I have to do any major updates without having to do a complete factory reset or manually reinstall all your apps. That would be like me Factory saying my Windows computer all the time every time a new update comes out and having to reinstall all my programs. That can't be what Google has vision for Android. Something and I mean have to do that but I also make all HTC and see what they know first.
    02-04-2018 07:10 PM
49 12