I know I'm going to have to send my HTC U11 in for warranty repair due to the screen issue where it thinks my finger comes off the glass. It's gotten so bad I can no longer swype my messages without needing to correct most of what I typed multiple times. .

My concern is that I don't have a backup phone and with the multi month turn around time they've been experiencing since.... Well launch day, I need to get something to tide me over until it gets back.

I'm on T-Mobile, need a phone that's pretty fast, doesn't get bogged down easily but yet be pretty inexpensive. Since it'll be my daily driver for a few weeks, I don't want to cheap out and get super frustrated while using it.

I had been looking at the moto X4 from Google fi at 250 +1 months service.

Also looking at the honor 7x but I hear it's missing a few bands or features for T-mobile that could cause problems at some point, but it's only 200.

The moto z2 force from T-Mobile is more than I'd like to spend but is on sale for 375.

Do you guys have opinions on which one I should go for or have other recommendations on a device I hadn't thought of?

Thank you!
    02-05-2018 11:36 PM
    The U11 Life is only $300 from T-Mo. Its not quite the phone the Moto is, but it's not bad. Plus you'd be used to the interface, have a spare USB-C adapter and headphones for the U11 when you get it back.
    02-08-2018 03:17 PM
    Thanks guys for the feedback. When I was troubleshooting with HTC the tech suggested I take advantage of their 30 day no questions asked return policy, so I ordered a solar red U11 to use while mine is being repaired/replaced.

I received it today and it really is a gorgeous phone - I'll be sad to return it when I get my black one back.
    02-14-2018 12:20 AM