Hi,
    I just bought HTC U11 dual sim card 128gb through a seller in New Jersy ... BUt I feel it is not working well. Any ideas? Am I the only one having issues ?
    02-07-2018 12:37 PM
    It's an international version, not meant for use in the USA, although it may work on GSM networks like T-Mobile and AT&T, although may not work with all features or radio bands. It will not work on CDMA networks such as Verizon or Sprint.
    02-07-2018 04:39 PM
    It's an international version, not meant for use in the USA, although it may work on GSM networks like T-Mobile and AT&T, although may not work with all features or radio bands. It will not work on CDMA networks such as Verizon or Sprint.
    Actually, yes it will work on Verizon's network.

Verizon HTC U11 is one of the first to ditch CDMA support | Pocketnow

https://www.androidheadlines.com/201...a-support.html
    mfreeland likes this.
    02-07-2018 04:55 PM
    Thanks for both feedback. Now, what should I do? I just had it for couple days. Is there a way I can make my calls better? I called both T-Mobile and HTC and they weren't of much help. Both blame the other side!!! Please help
    02-07-2018 06:47 PM
    Thanks for both feedback. Now, what should I do? I just had it for couple days. Is there a way I can make my calls better? I called both T-Mobile and HTC and they weren't of much help. Both blame the other side!!! Please help
    What kind of problems are you having? Is it call quality? Calls being dropped? Slow data? All of the above?
    02-07-2018 07:51 PM
    All of the above and in fact the LATE is not even showing.
    02-07-2018 10:10 PM
    Are you sure you have the Sim card in the correct tray. I read somewhere that someone else was having problems similar to yours on a U11+ and they had the Sim card in the wrong tray.
    02-08-2018 08:38 AM
    Well you certainly can't blame either of them. HTC didn't sell that device here, so the same radios for the bands on the North American unlocked version aren't enabled on the device you have. You may need to look at rooting and installing custom software, or trying to install the latest US unlocked software from HTC. that may get you up and going, but probably wouldn't support a second SIM slot.
    02-08-2018 02:08 PM
    Well you certainly can't blame either of them. HTC didn't sell that device here, so the same radios for the bands on the North American unlocked version aren't enabled on the device you have. You may need to look at rooting and installing custom software, or trying to install the latest US unlocked software from HTC. that may get you up and going, but probably wouldn't support a second SIM slot.
    Hmmm... That does make sense. Installing the US version OS/firmware may work.

I've never used an international unlocked version. I've only used Verizon phones which are SIM unlocked. I've never had a problem outside the US with them. The Lumia Icon (a Verizon exclusive) worked on more networks worldwide, than its international sister, the Lumia 930. Both phones were identical hardware wise.
    02-08-2018 10:05 PM
    Just remember that no matter what you do, you won't be able to use the phone on Verizon's CDMA networks.
    02-11-2018 12:09 AM
    Just remember that no matter what you do, you won't be able to use the phone on Verizon's CDMA networks.
    Which is going to be gone in a couple of years anyway.
    02-14-2018 10:54 PM